Use It Tuesday - Stampin' Up! Basket of Wishes

Good morning!

They say that a blogger should consider what they like seeing when trying to figure out what to share.   What does that individual look for when searching? What makes you feel like you won a prize when you found it? What makes a crafter want to turn away from her computer and get back to creating?

One of the things that makes me happy is finding ways to use things I have. I know many of us are as obsessed with organizing as we are with creating things, but what good is organizing it if you're not using it? Crazy thought… I know 😉 It's incredibly freeing to use these things. Plus you never know what other things you will uncover, hidden away and ready to be used again.

Today's post shares an any-occasion created using stored items like patterned paper (aka DSP) and leaves from a previous Paper Pumpkin kit. (And who doesnt have extra paper laying around…?) When I was making the card, I knew I wanted to make it layered which can sometimes make for a tight fit in an envelope. So what's a crafter to do? Make your own envelope - and make it slightly larger!


diy envelope punch board
Use an Envelope Punch Board (linked below) to make your own envelopes in a variety of sizes.
TIP: Cut a piece of scrap cardstock to the size of your card, slightly smaller works, too. When you glue your envelope shut, glue this scrap to the BACK of the envelope. This will protect your card in transit. Just be sure to insert your card facing in this direction. It will look like this:

diy envelope from dsp

And now the card for this diy envelope! Here's a greeting card I made using our Basket of Wishes stamp set and a greeting from Pieces & Patterns. The image was colored in using a small paint brush and a variety of ink colors from our Regals color collection. Ink on the lid of your ink pad makes a great palette! For the leaves, I applied color with a mostly dry paint brush and a sponge.

Stampin' Up! Basket of Wishes Escape2stamp blog
Click to enlarge image.
One more view. Ain't she a beaut? *grin*

Stampin' Up! Basket of Wishes Escape2stamp blog

I hope you like the concept of using what we have and not just collecting it! If so, get more ideas by checking out my previous "Use It Tuesday" posts; simply click on the label at the bottom of this post to access them. Not your thing? I hope you like the card anyway! 😊 Thanks for stopping by or for subscribing to my posts. I appreciate you!


Current Product List

Comments