Dressing up an easy greeting card

Scheduling does not seem to work for me. It's a great concept, but let me give you an idea of how an Adriana-schedule works. You give yourself time, days ahead of a deadline to come up with ideas for a blog hop. The ideas are flowing, you finally come up with two DARLING projects to share. And then you go write your blog hop post and you realize that you've been using the wrong stamp set. yeah...

So… while I was getting warmed up (using the wrong set) I came up with a couple of cute and quick  cards to share with you. Here's one that uses an image from Oh, Hello (a.k.a. the 'wrong' set) along the spine of the card. This particular stamp is shaped much like an arrow; you see only the right half of the image here.


The card is so simple, that you can easily make a batch of them. This particular flower (from Love & Sympathy) works nicely with many sentiments. The one I used on the next card has a smaller font, so I stamped it three times to reach the height of the flower panel.



Now how about we dress it up a little? On this third card, I changed out the border image and added two of our most elegant embellishments: Pearl Basic Jewels and Organza Ribbon. Simple changes, but like Emeril, we kicked it up a notch!


I hope you enjoyed this little side journey. I'll be posting my (wrong) blog hop projects later this week, so be sure to check back. Now back to my schedule to see what else I need to rearrange!

Want to create today's projects?
 Here's what you'll need, along with the item number for easy ordering.
Stamps: Love & Sympathy (wood 128652, clear 122797 also available in french)
cards two and three - sentiment Hostess Set Express Yourself (wood 130336, clear 1130339, also available in spanish and french)
card three (image on fold) Happy Day (wood (130294, clear 130297 also available in french and german)
Project Colors: Wisteria Wonder, Whisper White
Tools: Corner Rounder punch (I used the one on the Envelope Punch Board - 133774)
Embellishments: Pearl Basic Jewels (119247), 5/8" Organza Ribbon (114219)
Other: Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755)



Comments