Christmas Greetings Penguin Punch art


* Correction: the punch used to create these penguins was the Owl Punch, not the bird punch! Thank you Elaine for catching my mistake!


I love having multiple uses for my tools and I hear that many of you do, too. Well this card showcases and few alternate ways to use different tools and products:

  • The penguins were created using the Owl Punch; simply snip off the birds ears. The eyes, chest and pompom on the hat are all cut with this same punch. Even the itty-bitty eye-balls are included. It's funny how many expressions you can create just by changing the placement of those two little dots! In my imagination, the penguin on the left is giving the one on the right a "ok, do you see this guy?" kind of look. :)
  • The hat was created using our Petite Pennant Punch. Punch a simple pennant for the body of the hat, then insert the edge of a white piece of card stock along the bottom edge of the scalloped pennant to get the brim of the hat. 
  • The hills were created using one of the dies in our Adorning Accents Edgelits. This die is 6" wide, allowing you to easily alter the edge of a card front. I cut two pieces from scraps of Whisper White card stock and just played around with their placement to create the landscape. The Soft Sky layer is only 5 1/4" wide allowing room to play.
  • To imitate the look of snow, I ran a 2-way Glue Pen along the top edge of the "hills" and then dipped them in Dazzling Diamonds. This super-fine glitter sticks to adhesive very well - no heat setting required. I think you can see the sparkle a little better in this photo:



Note: The inspiration for the embossed background, penguins (minus Santa hat) and glimmery hills comes from a card created by Gayatri Murali. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Stamp Set(s): Warmth & Wonder
Project Colors: Soft Sky, Whisper White, Basic Black, Island Indigo, Cherry Cobbler

Comments

  1. Super cute!! I love those penguins, and the Santa hat is adorable! (Though I think maybe you used the owl punch, not the bird punch?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yapha. Yes - I listed the wrong punch. (Bird refers to my brain today…lol) I have updated the post and hopefully it is showing correctly now. Thanks for the note and I'm glad you like the hat :)

      Delete
  2. So very cute!!! I love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! Although the one without the Santa hat looks jealous ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha - you are so right. How mean of me to only make one!

      Delete
  4. The snow effects are beautiful. Love the little penguins. They are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The Dazzling Diamonds stuck so well; I thought it would take a stronger glue, but no!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!