Stampin' Addicts Retiring Color Blog Hop: Say goodbye to Certainly Celery


Thanks for joining us today! Whether you've just arrived from Heidi's blog or you are starting out here - welcome to the blog hop! Today we are sharing projects created using Stampin' Up!'s retiring colors including 10 core colors (shown in the banner above) and Lucky Limeade (a 2011-2013 In-Color). I'm sharing a greeting cards created using Certainly Celery products. This soft green has been a core color in the Subtles group for many years and has been used for many a baby or spring themed card.

First, let me share a CAS (clean and simple) card created using one of my favorite stamp sets, Summer Silhouettes. Certainly Celery has always been a nice color for new leaves...

Stamps: Friendly Phrases, Summer Silhouette
Colors: Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Marina Mist, Whisper White

Next, here's another quick but more formal card created using another retiring item - Watercolor Crayons. This image was stamped onto watercolor paper using StazOn and color was applied with an AquaPainter.

Stamps: Fabulous Phrases, Natures Pace
Colors: Certainly Celery, Perfect Plum
Tools: Small Oval Punch, Scallop die cut

And just one more card, this time to show how nicely this color works with Soft Suede. Also shown are Subtles brads which will also retire due to the Color Refresh.

Stamps: Collage Curios, From My Heart
Colors: Certainly Celery, Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Pink Pirouette
Tools: Ovals Collection Framelits, Fancy Fan TIEF, 1" circle and 1-1/4" scallop circle punches
See... it didn't have to be just for babies or spring! ;)

Note: I've mentioned a couple here, but just a reminder that all products containing these retired colors are going bye-bye; this includes ink and re-fills, card stock, ribbon, patterned paper, etc. Take advantage of FREE shipping this weekend and get these retiring goodies before they're gone.

Ready to see more? Here are the links to continue with the hop :)

Heidi - Bashful Blue

Cindy - Baja Breeze


The Retiring Colors are: Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red, Bravo Burgundy, Not Quite Navy, More Mustard and River Rock. Also included is Lucky Limeade. The remaining four 2011-2013 In-Colors will be returning in core color groups.

Have future posts sent directly to you. Subscribe via Feed


Comments

  1. Lovely, Adriana! Love the Summer Silhouette and grape images you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Adriana! I really like the Celery/Suede combo and that layout is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm getting sad here. I love Certainly Celery and love it for it's soft green. Your CAS card is my favorite. Pretty and springy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, girl! You did a fab job with all of these cards. And I am in envy of your photos... I couldn't make the Celery in mine look right, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards and great use of Certainly Celery! It looks so great in all of those combinations! And thank you for making the fabulous headers and buttons, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all amazing. They all look so good. I haven't used celery a lot in the past few years but you are making me miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your last two cards are like a walk down memory lane. Those were colors I used so often when I began stamping. Beautiful layouts for them too! Love that the first clean and simple one is Certainly Celery updated! So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are simply fantastic Adriana!! I love, love that first card....clean and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So long Certainly Celery. One of my favorite colors. I love the variety of cards - from simple to lots of layers. Very pretty cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful projects! Your CAS one at the top is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The variety of card styles showcasing C.C. is amazing! Love the way you paired each with the perfect coordinating color to show it off to its best. *sigh* Another color I'm going to miss.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the first CAS card so much, I had to pin it! It's just lovely!

    And the other cards have such beautiful details, Adriana!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty!! I love all of them!! I will miss this color too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!