US159 Loving Thoughts


This week, our sketch challenge at Unscripted Sketches is accompanied by the extra request to use ink. You can use those stickers and embellishments you love along with a variation of this sketch, but don't forget to use ink on there, too.

I wasn't sure how I wanted to use this sketch until I saw this quote from Mark Twain:
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

The quote was printed out and placed inside the card. I think this one will go to my honey who is two classes away from getting his MBA. We will likely experience some big changes after that point and I want him to know I am still behind him 100%, even if it means throwing off the bowlines.

So, are you ready to try the sketch? Click here to see more samples and to play along with us at Unscripted Sketches. See you there!

In case you were wondering :)
 Stamps: Loving Thoughts, Sail Away (retired)
Colors: Basic Gray, Whisper White, So Saffron (sun), Marina Mist (birds)
Other: Paper Piercing Tool, Mat Pack, Silver Mini Brads, Linen Thread, Stampin' Pastels, Sponge Daubers, Bird Charm (non-SU!)
 Visit my Stampin' Up! Store 24/7
Subscribe to future posts via Feed

Comments

  1. What a spectacular card!! I love that quote, and the image is just perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful ((and supportive) of you! love the sentiment (thx Mark Twain!)) and your stamp set choice is perfect for open horizons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen that quote in some time, Adriana, and it's absolutely perfect for the great transition that's coming for your family. Your card is the perfect frame for this event.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!