Stampin' Up! Color Coach helps to stamp a background

This weekend I was clearing out a drawer of paper scraps and ran across a small piece of dotted card stock. Dotted patterns are so user friendly; part of their appeal is that they are so versatile, especially for a stamper.

For example, you will see other cards on my blog this week featuring dotted paper as-is,  with nothing done to them. But for today, I thought it might be fun to show you a quick and easy card you can create by stamping your own background right over the pattern. To start, I'm going to use a Color Coach to help select coordinating colors for our card. The background of the paper I found is So Saffron, so I am looking for cards with this color dot.



There is a card for So Saffron, specifically, but I also found color combinations on the cards for Wild Wasabi and Soft Suede. To start, I used Regal Rose and Wild Wasabi to stamp images from Raining Flowers onto the patterned paper.


Next, I used Soft Suede and stamped "thanks" from Kindness Matters into some of the open spaces. (You can see it below.) Finally, I kept these same color combinations in mind while deciding what color to use as a mat for the stamped panel. Here's a look at the panel with Wild Wasabi then Regal Rose as options.


A little trim work, and we have:


Ok, I cheated... I added a raised flower. Not necessary, but if you have an extra couple of minutes, cut just one layer of a flower and adhere to the main panel using Stampin' Dimensionals. (I cut this one from one of the scraps.) If you are pressed for time, you could certainly skip this extra step, but know that it didn't take long. In truth, it took me longer to write this post than it did to create the card!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supply Notes:
Stamps: Raining Flowers, Kindness Matters
Colors: So Saffron, Wild Wasabi, Rose Red, Soft Suede
Other: Paper Snips, Jewels Basic Pearls

Links:
Visit my Stampin' Up! Store 24/7
Subscribe to future posts via Feed

Comments