Stampin' Addicts Holiday Mini Blog Hop

This weekend, 19 of us at Stampin' Addicts are joining together to provide you with sneak peeks and project inspiration using products from the upcoming Holiday Mini catalog. This year's catalog contains a variety of styles and products - we just know you will find something to fit your taste!

Whether you are starting here or are already following the hop - Welcome!  Sara's blog was the stop before this one and she used a timeless new fall set, Gently Falling. The leaves and 2-step features of this set are sure to make it a classic! And those jars.. I can imagine them filled with the dry ingredients for making some kind of cinnamon cookie. (Haven't seen it yet? Follow the links embedded below and you will make your way around the hop and back to her site.)

Today, I am focusing on a new Designer Fabric offering, Spice Cake. I am primarily a card maker, but have been pushing myself to learn how to sew a bit.  Our beautiful fabric patterns have definitely inspired me to keep trying and I am hoping they will encourage you, too!

First, my main craft-love: cards! Sewing on card stock is easy and fabric adds wonderful texture to your creations.

The card on the left includes leaves die cut using our Leaves #2 die. The three leaves show you the three patterns you receive with this fabric. They feature Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Pool Party and More Mustard designs and - because they are Stampin' Up! - the colors coordinate with the card stock and same-name DSP perfectly! (They make it so easy for us...) And isn't the gift card cute? It tempts me to wrap a real gift in fabric instead of gift-wrap!

Since my sewing seems to be improving a little bit, I thought it would be fun to make a cute little bag. This one was created using a pattern from a book called "Sew the Perfect Bag".  The handles are bangle bracelets and as you can see in the inset photo, the bag is the perfect size for holding Mini Catalogs!

The book guides you to make a solid panel bag, a basic rectangle with no additional decoration on the outside. I altered it a bit by adding a belly band of the Pool Party fabric and a new Spice Cake button; don't they add a nice little splash of color? (The Party fabric also lines the inside of the bag.)

Now, how about a fun fall project for the home? And - yes - it is a NO-SEW project as promised! Here, inexpensive craft letters are wrapped with ripped strips of fabric. Cut into the edge of the fabric, then just pull the strip down and "rip" away to create long strips.  Secure the beginning and end of each strip directly to the letter with Tombow Multi. Just wrap each strip around the letter, overlapping a bit as you go. I tried to start and end on the back of the letter so that it wouldn't look too messy.
And when you are done:

I'm not sure if I will put these on a shelf or secure a length of ribbon behind them so that I can hang them up. Either way, they are my start to decorating the home for fall :) If you would like to give this a try, be sure to visit me again on Monday. I have a couple of links with helpful tips that will make this project a breeze for you.

Thanks for stopping by! Next, we get to see what Holly has done with a gorgeous new stamp set, Always Thankful. If you have visited her site before, you know you are going to see some wonderful things - and with detailed project notes - hooray! See you there!

Links:

Previous Sara - Gently Falling        Next Holly - Always Thankful


Chat with us about the hop - Stampin' Addicts Forum




 Supplies: Spice Cake Designer Fabric (124066/$9.95) This fabric coordinates with Spice Cake Designer Series Paper (124003/$10.95), DSP Digital Download (125610/$4.95) and Spice Cake Designer Buttons (124113/$7.95 for sixteen 1-1/2" diameter buttons).

Comments

  1. So sweet! How can you not like anything made with this fabric, it is so gorgeous :) And you certainly made some gorgeous stuff with it! Love your mini catty bag too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, now I have ideas on using the fabric that I've purchased

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them!! How cute would the fall look on your windowsill!! And that bag!?!? Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely projects, Adriana. My favorite is that cute little bag! I may have to make one of my own to go with the bag from Memento Mall! And the home decor project is perfect for fall decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool! Thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! I adore your FALL letters! I may have to try to make me one of your bags too! I don't sew!! Can't wait to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great projects!! I love them all but I love your idea of wrapping fabric around the letters. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adriana, the bag is just adorable and the wrapped letters are awesome. The gift card has to be my favorite, though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those letters! I've got one that's been waiting for some type of altering -- now I know what to do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Deb B (Debadoo)8/26/11, 8:28 PM

    Wow! I so love this spice cake suite, and wow, love the frayed edge on the first card, but that mini bag is adorable!! But my fav, are those letters! How cute, and I bet even I could manage to rip and wrap! lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Angie (fingers inky girl)8/26/11, 8:46 PM

    Great projects! You have given me the push I need to take the wrapper off my fabric!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great projects Adriana. I really like the gift box card and the no sew "fall" home decor. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great projects, Adriana!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The no sew FALL letters are my kind of sewing! And I like the idea of using the fabric on cards the way you did. I have only seen fabric *ribbon*. Beautiful projects Adriana.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love them!! Beautiful projects using the fabric!! You rocked it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great projects! I love those fabric covered letters!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! How pretty! I LOVE that bag-- the belly band and button is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great fabric projects - especially love the letters and the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This fabric is so pretty and you have showcased it beautifully! Love the little bag and the card is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely projects! All beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic mini bag! What a seamstress! Great cards! Love the leaves and present!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm in love with your projects! I shudder that I might be turning into my mom, but I want to play with fabric too!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!