Stampin' Addicts Mega Hop



Friday through Sunday a bunch of us from Stampin' Addicts are taking part in a Mega Hop showcasing projects using retiring stamp sets. We've each chosen a favorite to share with you. After all, just because they won't be in the catalog next time, that doesn't mean we can't still love them and use them!

Welcome to those of you who landed here from Betty's Blog. (She used one of my favorite sets, A Kind Word.) If you'd like to visit the Stampin' Addicts site and the thread about the hop, click here. Otherwise, read on, and I'll share with you the next link and you can keep hoppin'!

I chose to share a few projects from my favorite, Owl Together Now. This first card will go to a friend that I haven't seen in a while. I thought "guess who" just might be the right thing to say since it's been so long!

 
Only Orange card stock is toned down with Chocolate Chip card stock and Pawsitively Prints Designer Series Paper. (This paper is from our Build-a-bear Workshop line.) Coordinating grosgrain and Sending Love epoxy brads add a little fun to the card.
And now, to share one of my son's favorite "friends".
 
 His official name is "Hooty Hoot Hoot", but we call him Hooty. lol
I kept it simple on this 6x6, because the owl is what it's all about!

And now my last project, another card!
 
I made a faux wood background by dragging Whisper White craft ink and several neutrals across the card stock. Once dried, I drew in the lines to give it the look of planks. My little owl is sorta hiding in the tree limbs (Little Leaves sizzlit), so I thought the sentiment "Guess who loves you" would be perfect.

Well, that's it for me. Thanks for stopping by and now we're on to the next stop, Sara's Blog  Lily's Ink Pad. Enjoy!

Comments

  1. I love these owls!! These projects are sooo cute!!! I loved how you used them on each of these projects! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super projects. Your scrapbook page is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your projects are all so clever! That scrapbook page is adorable :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects, Adriana! I love the colors for the first project best, although you definitely get a thumbs up on the faux wood too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Hooty scrapbook page! So cute! Great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All so cute! I love how you used the owls as "o"s on the scrapbook page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Hooty!! your cards are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful faux wood card, but I like the first one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of these are so stunning! I especially like the faux wood background. What an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. .. ** OWL ** say you did a fantastic job on the cards.. WTG. thanks for the opportunity
    (mitz_zee@yahoodotcom)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute projects! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute projects. I love your last card with the owl peaking out way cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such cute projects! Love your first card the best! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such cute projects, Adriana! I love all the techniques you incorporated.

    ReplyDelete
  15. "Who" would think these would be so cute! The last one is my favorite with the little owl in hiding. Thanks for sharing.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  16. great projects! love the owl.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great ideas for this stamp set! Love your faux wood card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow great job with the owls! love that first card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How cute!! Your planks are awesome! The idea also to use the owl as an "o" is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  20. OH my how cute!! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  21. awesome cards...love how you did the wood, I'll have to learned how to do that :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!