DivaSC89 Two for you!

 I can't believe it, but it's Saturday AGAIN! Maybe it's just me, but time sure seems to fly when the kids are home from summer. Must be something about that extra hour of sleep I get ;)

I had fun with our sketch this week. So much fun that I have 2 cards for you - hope you enjoy them!

With this first one, I was going for a "typography" type background. I keep seeing this style on paper and on random merchandise so I thought it would be fun to try to create my own using my alphabet stamps. Sticking with neutral colors gave it a neat look and made it easy to age the paper a little with some sponging along the edges. I think this one will even work as a "guy" card.

And, here's my second card with this sketch. The triangular portion made for a fun "flap" to enclose the card. In order to anchor it when the card is closed, I made the center block larger and only adhered it along the right side of the card front. Here's what it looks like (closed):


 And here it is opened up:





Cute, huh? I couldn't resist adding the little bee inside - what's a hive without the bees? lol
So that's it for me. I hope you'll try the sketch and share your project with us. Just drop a comment and include a link to your card - I'd love to see it! Thanks for stopping by!




Supplies for both card projects: 
Stamps: Dreams du Jour, Rough Type Alphabet, Contempo Alphabet, Just Buzzin' By, Picture This (occasions mini hostess set)
Ink: Soft Suede, Crumb Cake (Kraft), Basic Black, Stazon Black, various markers for coloring
Paper: Naturals Vanilla, Soft Suede, Basic Black, Whisper White, Green Galore, Shades of Spring Designer Series Paper (Occasions Mini)
Tools/Other: Stampin' Sponges, Vintage Brads, Paper Snips, White Satin Ribbon, Small Oval Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals

Comments

  1. both of your cards are great adriana. great job on both of them. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the sketch! I love the typography background and the design of the bee card too. What a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards Adriana!! Love your take on the second card with this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what great cards Adriana ... love the brown one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! they are both beautiful, but my favorite is the typography card. I love the vintage/shabby chic look, and this card really nails it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh! I love them! My fave is the first one! I may just have to CASE it!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards, Adriana! The contrasts are striking!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!