Antique Wallpaper

I recently signed up to receive the Technique Junkies newsletter.  As soon as I started bumping through the information on-line, I immediately found several techniques I just HAD to try.  This first one is called Antique Wallpaper; not only was it easy, I'm thrilled with the results:

See the background paper? I used our Finial Press embossing folder and ran my Bermuda Bay textured card stock through the Big Shot. That gave me the design on the paper that I was then able to "age" according to the tutorial, leaving me with this nicely antiqued layer. Even though I'm not thrilled with my watercoloring skills, I do love the way this card finished out. I can't wait to try it again with different folders and colors! This will definitely show up in one of my card making classes very soon!

Thanks for stopping by!


Supplies:
Stamps: Song of Spring, Thoughts & Prayers
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Crumb Cake, Brown Stazon
Paper: Bermuda Bay, Early Espresso, Watercolor Paper, scrap of Crumb Cake
Tools/Other:Big Shot, Lots of Tags Sizzlits, Finial Press Embossing Folder, Watercolor Crayons (Rich Regals), Aqua Painter, Linen Thread, Stampin' Sponges, Antique Brad (non-SU!)
Need supplies? Click here to Shop Now. Thank you!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!