Song of Spring

It's 90 outside but still technically spring (on the calendar, anyway). How about a nice spring time image today?
 This bird from our stamp set Song of Spring looks a lot like an American Robin. I did some research on the internet and found some with a rust colored chest and grayish-black feathers and head. Perhaps there are others, but I loved these colors so I decided to give it a try.
Something to consider: The day that I played around with coloring I wasn't really in the mood to make cards. I just wanted to practice coloring and set the images aside when I was done. Today, I needed to make cards for my team's swap; these images were ready to go so all I had to do was create the rest of the card. A great time saver since I wouldn't have had time to color today. 
Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies: 
Stamps: Song of Spring, Teeny Tiny Messages
Ink: StazOn Black, Chocolate Chip, Really Rust Stampin' Write Marker, Basic Gray Stampin' Write Marker, Going Gray Stampin' Write Marker, Old Olive Stampin' Write Marker
Paper: Razzleberry Lemonade Designer Series Paper, Naturals Ivory, Crushed Curry Textured, Chocolate Chip Textured, Watercolor Paper
Tools/Other: 1 3/4" circle punch, Filigree Brads, Stampin' Sponges, Aqua Painter
Need supplies? Click here to Shop Now. Thank you!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!