A Patriotic DivaSC85


 Happy Saturday! Today's Utah Divas sketch and the upcoming Memorial Day holiday inspired me to make a patriotic card. The additional challenge of using brads really worked for this project and I hope you like it!


"Three Cheers for the Red, White and Blue!"
  • What more to say than "Thank You" for those who unselfishly have given their lives for our country? Commemorating them is what this holiday is really about. 
  • 4 sizes of stars come on the Stars #2 die; I used 2 of the smaller ones for the main focal point.
  • For a tone-on-tone effect, I inked an empty jumbo cartridge with VersaMark and rolled stars onto the Brilliant Blue cardstock.
  • Stampin' Dimensionals are a must have. I don't know how many I go through a month! Here they help the stars pop off the page and also help with the white layer containing the brads. They give just enough lift so that those corners don't look bulky and messy.
Now it's time continue on and see what our next Diva has in store for you. -->click here<-- to be directed to Alisa's blog. (note: The link goes white when you hover over it. I apologize and aim to learn how to change the code of my template so that this doesn't happen anymore. If you click, you will be taken to her blog.)

Supplies:
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Jumbo Wheel: Classic Stars
Ink: Versamark Reinker, Brilliant Blue*
Paper: Brilliant Blue*, Real Red, Whisper White
Embellishments: Bold Brights Brads Asst* 
Tools: Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Big Shot, Stars #2 Die, Stampin' Dimensionals
*retiring color, see Color Renovation info.

Comments

  1. I love it, Adriana! The brilliant blue layers are just great, and I love your white on white star!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card. had my brain been functioning i would have thought to do something patriotic. maybe for fourth of july. love they card and the star wheel give the blue a little something extra. great job.

    hope your weekend was great. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable!!!! The colors are so sharp!!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love your Three Cheers for the Red, White, & Blue card. That is so neat.

    I come here often and you never disappoint.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Karyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you did with the red,white, and blue. The layers of blue & red look so crisp on the white. Great use of the brads too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!