On the Wings of Friendship

Good morning!
Last Saturday I made a card that used a bunch of tools and extras. Nice when you have the stuff already, but if I had to buy all of the pieces for one card I'm not sure I'd find the value in it! As much as I liked the finished product, I challenged myself to sit down and make a few cards that show the value of home-made card making. Today's project is one of those cards.
To keep costs down, I used:
  • One embellishment (the ribbon)
  • One Stamp Set (Wings of Friendship)
  • Only a small piece of contrasting cardstock instead of an entire 2nd layer. I was able to use a scrap here, so that helps, too!
  • Markers from one color family easily coordinate and keep the costs down when you are trying to get more bang for your buck. (In this case, I used mostly Rich Regals plus the Old Olive from Earth Elements.)
  • Take one image and make it your focal point. Here I re-stamped the bird only onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock, cut it out and then mounted it over the original stamped image with dimensionals. It's a basic stamping technique that never goes out of style!

Thank you for stopping by today! Whether you keep it simple or get Lavish with your supplies, I hope you find time today to Escape2stamp!

Supplies:
Stamps: Hostess Set (Level 2) Wings of Friendship
Stampin' Write Markers in: Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Rose Red, Regal Rose, Brocade Blue
Paper: Old Olive, Whisper White, Basic Black, Rose Red
Tools/Other: Black Gingham Ribbon, Paper Snips, Stampin' Dimensionals
Need supplies? Click here to Shop Now. Thank you!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!