DivaSC79 Summer Mini Hi!


 Yup - it's Saturday again and time for another Sketch Challenge.

Several of my customers have mentioned that they need "all occasion" cards and this layout will be a good one to fit the bill! For my card today, I kept them in mind and used a message that could be used for anything. The flowers do make the card girly, but you could always change those out (or leave them out) and make this a card suitable for a guy.

I hope you will play along with us; if you do, please link to your creation in a comment below! Also, remember to scroll down for the link to Elizabeth's blog (the next stop on our hop).

For the vertical strip, I used a 3/4" circle to punch a bunch of circles from card stock and glued them in place.  (Actually, on the first try I tried sewing them onto the card base - "disaster" doesn't quite describe the effort!)
To dress them up and add a little FUN, I punched out some Itty Bitty flowers using a new punch. This punch is one of a set of three that will be available in our upcoming Summer Mini catalog.
These same flowers adorn my sentiment block. A little tiny strip of rolled up paper creates the center of one of the flowers, but a tiny brad would look cute, too!
The "hi" itself is also from a new Summer stamp set called Rough Type. Look for these stamps to be used a lot in future projects - I loved being able to make my own message!
Thanks for stopping by! The next stop on our blog hop is Elizabeth's blog. Or, to visit the UDI site, click here.

Supplies:
Stamps: Rough Type (from the upcoming Summer Mini catalog), Tiny Tags
Ink: Soft Suede
Paper: Soft Suede, Whisper White, Bermuda Bay (textured), Thoroughly Modern Designer Series Paper
Tools/Other: Punch Pack Itty Bitty Shapes (also from the Summer Mini), 3/4" circle punch, Mini Glue Dots, Block B
Need supplies? Click here to Shop Now. Thank you!

Comments

  1. great card Adriana ... love the colours and youre right - this is a great sketch for lots of different cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic card, Adriana! I just LOVE the circles you used for the strip on the sketch! I can never come up with things that creative, so thanks for the idea!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my word! I LOVE that card! Really, it is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a truly wonderful card!!! I love the circles and the little flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fun!! I love all the circles!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally LOVE love love the circles. They really give this card a lot of class.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow. this is incredible. great job!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!