Play in the dirt!


Ever since I saw this stamp set in the Occasions Mini catalog (Something Sweet), I saw a magnifying glass using the "handle" and circle stamp. Most samples I've seen use these pieces as a baby rattle, but I kept seeing the glass! I finally got around to playing around with the idea this weekend. I should have done the word placement a little differently, but this was a fun try. And it's always fun to try to create creatures out of paper punches. :)
Another project I'd like to try is to put a butterfly in the center, perhaps on a die cut or stamped flower. I think the butterflies embossed and cut with the Beautiful Wings embosslits would work perfectly with this. But since I don't have it yet, it will have to be a project for another day. (Patience... patience... I tell myself!)

Supplies:
Stamps: Something Sweet 
Ink: Bashful Blue, Close to Cocoa and Old Olive Classic Ink
Paper: Close to Cocoa, Old Olive and Whisper White card stock, Basic Black Journaler
Tools/Other: Stampin' Sponges, 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, Signo White Gel Pen, Big Shot, Billboard Decorative Strip Die
Need supplies? Click here to Shop Now. Thank you!

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness, that's just too funny! Clever, clever girl. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! I saw a magnifying glass, too, but I never thought to make a critter to examine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I love to see stamp sets used in creative ways like this. So outside the box!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! Fabulous use for that handle and super cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How clever is that?! I never would have thought of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super Cute card! Very creative use of this stamp set.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!