DivaSC76 Double Sweet Pea


 Happy Saturday and welcome to our weekly sketch challenge withUDI. Our sketch this week was another simple one, but I think you'll be happy and surprised to see what-all can be done with it!

For both of my projects, I used our Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper (from the Occasions Mini catalog). I started out trying to make the card but I got a little sidetracked! I just couldn't bring myself to cover all of the butterflies on this gorgeous sheet of paper. So I took the sketch and also made a 6x6 scrapbook page with it. Here we go!

Hola! (Hello!) The images on this card are from our Hola De Nuevo stamp set which you can get as a Sale-a-bration freebie. (It's also available in English). I thought this would make a cute any occasion card. I left the stamping very simple; if you look closely you'll be able to see that the flower was stamped twice so that I could cut out the second image and apply it over the first with a dimensional. I also added some Crystal Effects mixed with Dazzling Diamonds for sparkle. It's so cute in real life!
As much as I like the card - check out this page!
Same sketch, just tweaked a little. And see how this page really allows me to let the pattern on the paper show? I was even able to cut out one of the butterflies to use as an additional embellishment with the ribbon. Now, if all of my pages would come together so quickly I wouldn't be ages behind in my scrapbooking! LOL
Thank you for stopping by today. To see more projects made with our sketch, your next stop is Alisa Tilsner's blog. To return to the UDI page, click here.

Supplies for both projects:
Stamps: Hola De Nuevo, Baroque Motifs
Ink: Baroque Burgundy, Rose Red, Old Olive, Regal Rose
Paper: Baroque Burgundy (Textured), Whisper White, Rose Red, Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper
Tools/Other: 3/4" circle punch, 1" circle punch, Paper Snips, Clear Rhinestone Brads, Bravo Burgundy Wide Grosgrain, Rose Red Narrow Grosgrain, Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds, Scallop Trim Border Punch
Need supplies? Click here to Shop Now. Thank you!

Comments

  1. i can't decide which one i like better. they're both so pretty. the paper piercing just finishes the card off as does the butterfly on both projects. great job. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek! I absolutely love that card! The page is wonderful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are sooo wonderful!!! I love both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both of your projects!! Great job using the sketch for a scrapbook layout!! I love this DSP too and it is a same when we have to cover up some of the beauty of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, you've been busy...these projects are so beautiful! I love them. The color combo is awesome! Is your photo 6x6? I need print different sizes. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both your projects! They are both fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!