DivaSC75 Chunky Pretties

It's Saturday and time for a Diva Sketch Challenge. This week, we had the additional challenge of using items from our Pretties Kit (embellishments). This kit comes complete with silk flowers, half-back pearls, hat pins and beads. They really add a nice elegant touch to any project.
 For my card, I chose to alter the silk flower from the Pretties Kit. Based on a technique shared at a Stampin' Up! Regional Seminar, I combined Crystal Effects and Pumpkin Pie Classic Ink re-inker and painted the flower with the mixture. While it was still wet, I poured on some of our Chunky Glitter (the white/clear one).  If you decide to try it yourself, do this step with the flower first; it takes a little while to dry.
Some additional notes about my card:
  • I used a Jumbo Grommet on the flower to mimic the pattern on our Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper.
  • It was difficult to get the grommet to go through the flower; instead, I bent the legs in and attached the grommet to the flower with glue dots.
  • Fire Circle rhinestone brads decorate the center of the flower as well as the strips of paper radiating from it.
Thank you for stopping by to view my card. To see additional projects made for this challenge,  the next stop on the UDI hop is Elizabeth Harris all the way over in Tampa. (lol, only 2 hours from me....). Or, if you would like to return to the Diva blog, click here.

Supplies:
Ink: Pumpkin Pie Classic Ink re-inker
Paper: Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper; card stock: So Saffron, Taken with Teal, Pumpkin Pie
Tools/Other:Jumbo Grommets, Fire Circle Rhinestone Brads, Chunky Glitter, Mini Glue Dots, Pop-up Glue Dots, Crystal Effects
Need supplies? Click here to Shop Now. Thank you!

Comments

  1. WOW!!! this is awesome adriana. i bet is spectacular in real life. beautiful card! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! What a beautiful flower! I love it!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Gorgeous!! Thanks for explaining the flower--I'm going to have to try this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my stars! What a great technique, can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing. Love what you did with the Sweet Pea DSP too, isn't is a great paper pack! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wahoo!!! Bring on the Bling!!! I love that. I love that it is so sparkly looking without being garish! Just Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adriana, how gorgeous! I'm definitely going to try this technique. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! This is just stunning. I bet it really sparkles in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eek...I love this! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that flower! Super cute.
    And love that idea... now I have to get another Pretties kit!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!