How to make your own decorative paper

 
Thought I'd play with my supplies today and make my own patterned paper.
This first sheet of Whisper White card stock was stamped with images from Vintage Vogue and our retired stamp set, Carte Postale. I didn't even stretch my brain to figure out which colors to use - I simply chose 3 of the blues from the Rich Regals color group. Since our color groups are designed to go together, I knew they would work! It needs a little filler, but I think I'll wait until I go to use it; at that time I can add sponging or little dabs of color as needed for the project.

On the next project, I started out by die cutting our Little Leaves sizzlit from a piece of card stock. I then used the piece that was left (the "negative") as a stencil and sponged in some Sage Shadow leaves.
 
 
 Of course it needed more work, so I added some stamped images from Dream Gardens and also used the die cut leaf and a sponge to add some yellow leaves.
 
The paper still looked too stark, so on this one I went ahead and added more color by spritzing color on with a Color spritzer and Stampin' Write markers. The picture doesn't do it justice, unfortunately, but here it is anyway!  :)
 

 I'll be attempting to make some projects with these once the boys are back in school, so be sure to check back!

Need supplies? Click here to Shop Now. Thank you!

Comments