Paper Punches How to make a pig


Years ago Stampin' Up! had a stamp set (Farm Fever) that included an adorable sick pig in it. The little piggie was tucked into it's bed, quilt and all, with a thermometer in it's mouth and a caption that read "Are you cured yet?". I loved this stamp set, but made the mistake of not purchasing it before it retired. Wah! So, instead I had to set about creating a piggie out of punched shapes so I could still share the sentiment! (It is funny, isn't it?) To make my piggie, you'll need:
  • 1 3/4" circle punch - face/head
  • 3/4" circle punch - nose
  • 1/4" circle punch - eyes (alternate: googly eyes)
  • horizontal slot punch - nostrils* see notes below
  • Heart to Heart punch - ears
Notes:
All were punched from Cameo Coral card stock except the eyes which came from Very Vanilla.

The Cameo Coral pieces were rubbed with a Sponge Dauber that I had loaded with Ruby Red Stampin' Pastels. Color on the edges helps to define each piece and help define them a little. (Besides - have you ever seen a clean pig?!) You could also do this with a Stampin' Sponge and Classic Ink, but I find the chalk to be a little more forgiving - I can erase the chalk if I go a little overboard!

Here are some pics to go with a few of the steps:
To create the ears, layer the smallest heart over the medium heart. 
 Attach behind the head so that only the tips of the hearts are showing.


The 3/4" circle is the nose/snout. Attach to the large circle with a Stampin' Dimensional.  The Horizontal Slot punch was used to make the nostrils. The pieces were a little too long for my pig's snout, so I reinserted them into the punch and shortened them a little. Scissors would work well, too if you find this too complicated.

Draw in the pupils, eyelashes and smile with a Stampin' Write marker. I wasn't sure I could get the smile right the first time, so I drew it in with pencil first. The marker draws a dark enough line to cover it up completely!

For the sentiment, I punched a thought/speech bubble and just wrote in my message with the fine tip on my Chocolate Chip marker. These stamps are perfect for these characters and for personalizing your projects!

I hope you like my little piggie - thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps: Crazy Cool
Ink: Stampin' Write Markers in Basic Black and Chocolate Chip
Paper: Sweet Pea Paper Stack, Kraft card stock, Cameo Coral card stock and Whisper White card stock
Punches: 1 3/4" circle, 3/4" circle, 1/4" circle, Horizontal Slot, Heart to Heart 
Other: 2-way glue pen, Stampin' Pastels, Sponge Daubers, Stampin' Dimensionals
Need supplies? Click here to Shop Now. Thank you!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!