Stampin' Up! Blender Pen removes color

 I love Sale-a-bration. (Picture me, doing a happy dance....) As soon as I saw the free stamps in the brochure, this little bird cage caught my eye. And this week, I finally got my stamp set so that I could play. Yay!

 This sheet of Designer Series paper (from Flock Together) really challenged me to use a different combination of colors. I don't know that I would have put these colors together if it were not for this print. But, I really do like the finished result. And, it gave me a chance to learn a little trick I learned at convention.  Let me show you how I colored the bird....


First, tap your image onto the main color ink (Soft Suede used here).

Then, use a blender pen to remove ink from the bird. Just rub your blender pen over that area (like it you were coloring it) and the blender pen will pick up the ink on the stamp. Rub your blender pen onto scrap paper to remove the ink.


Last, color in the bird with your color of choice. (Tempting Turquoise used here.)
Huff on your stamp and then STAMP onto your project. Et Voila! Your bird is now a different color than the cage.


Good trick, huh? Thought you'd like it....:)

Supplies:
Stamps: Happy Moments (*Get it Free*), ask me how
Ink: Soft Suede Classic Stampin' Pad, Tempting Turquoise Stampin' Write Marker, blender pen
Paper: Flock Together Designer Series Paper, Garden Green, Certainly Celery, Whisper White
Tools/Other: Tempting Turquoise 1/4" grosgrain, horizontal slot punch
Need supplies? Click here to Shop Now. Thank you!

Comments

  1. Great card! I'm so tempted to get this stamp set next time. I have loved what I have seen with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that technique! This stamp with that DSP is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sitting here shaking my head with a "Why didn't I think of that" running through my mind. So simple, yet so effective!! Thanks for sharing that trick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is stink-in cute and smart!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!