Stampin' Up! Flowering Flourishes thank you card

An oldie-but-goody technique I really enjoy is using one stamp to create a background. Recently, I used one of the images in our Flowering Flourishes stamp set to create a soft background for a thank you card. First, a close up:


To create this look, I cut a long strip of copy paper and placed it across my card front to create a mask. This leaves an area free from stamped images. Using Pear Pizzazz ink, I stamped the flourish in a slanted direction repeatedly until the layer was mostly filled in. For a little extra filler without too much busy-ness, I stamped a speckled image from Gorgeous Grunge in lightly inked Smoky Slate. A bit of light sponging added a hint of color and helps the masked strip across the card stand out a little. (Click the image to see it larger.) 



To finish the card, I stamped an extra flourish onto a piece of scrap paper and then fussy cut it. (Tip: turn the paper instead of your scissors for a smoother cut and less strain on your hands.) At this point, I was afraid of messing up the project (!), so I stamped the sentiment onto another piece of scrap paper, then punched it out and layered it onto the card using dimensional adhesive. Some Pearl Basic Jewels and layering and we're done!

Product List

Thanks for joining me on my little escape today! Will you leave me some feedback in the comments and let me know your thoughts on this blog post. Do you like seeing the supply list and details on the project? Is there something else you would like to know about the projects posted? I would love to hear your thoughts.

-*-
Adriana
Shop, Host an Event, or Sign Up! Click here for Sale-a-bration Details.


This month's hostess code: HY2SH2E4. Use this code with online orders and receive an equal share in Stampin' Rewards!





Comments