Beach House Washi Tape Birthday Card

A recent challenge at Splitcoaststampers was to create a card using the Washi Sheets (featured in the Occasions 2015 Catalog) or any of our Washi Tape. I chose to go the Washi Tape route and created this fun birthday card in just a few minutes.


Notes:
  • Our sets of Washi Tape have 3 or more coordinating colors/patterns so it was easy to just pick a set and get going. This set, called Beach House, holds fresh colors and patterns that I thought would be great for a birthday celebration!
  • I picked the thickest of the tapes to start. Starting on a 3-3/4" x 5" piece of Whisper White card stock, I ran a strip of the Real Red printed tape diagonally across the center. Then I simply added the other two strips and continued, repeating the same pattern until the card stock layer was covered.
  • Last, I stamped 4 balloons from our Age Awareness stamp set. 3 are on the White panel, the fourth was fussy cut and adhered over the center balloon with a Dimensional. 
  • And, no - I couldn't resist the urge to add sparkly fun in the form of Rhinestone Basic Jewels. I left them as-is; but if you would like more color, try using an alcohol based marker like our Blendabilities or a Sharpie.

Thanks for viewing today's post!
Adriana B.




Product List

Comments