Stampin' Up! Perfect Blend and a lovely cappuccino

I work with some great people. Two coworkers came by my desk the other day and heard me joking that I was sad because it was 3:00 and there was no way for me to make coffee. (I couldn't leave my desk at the time.) About 10 minutes later they appeared like out of a dream with a foamy, beautiful, tasty cappuccino. It was sooooo good. *Sigh*

So I need to thank them, right? My plan is to stop by this fantastic local bakery called Love Bugs and pick up some treats for them. But what's a treat without a card to go with it? They have, after all, earned my undying gratitude :)


Creating cards for guys can be tricky, so I tried to keep this as clean and simple as possible. But to keep it from getting boring, I added these details:
  • I stamped the coffee cup once for the main image and then a second time so I could hand trim the lid and sleeve. Once cut, they were adhered over the original cut using Stampin' Dimensionals.
  • To add a little bit of shading to the cup, I used a Blender Pen to lightly smear the color from the stamped image. *Tip: be careful when doing this on Whisper White card stock - too much blending and you will cause the paper to peel. 
  • The fun (but not girly) color combo came about as part of the Splitcoaststampers Creative Crew Color Focus challenge for February. The colors for the challenge are pulled from our Best Year Ever Designer Series Paper (another Sale-a-bration item).  I didn't have that particular paper, so I used a sheet of Flower Pot DSP instead.

For more information regarding Sale-a-bration or any of our awesome 2-sided Designer Series Paper, be sure to visit my Stampin' Up! shop by clicking the logo or supply items below. Thanks for viewing today's post!
Adriana B.




Product List

Comments