Sheltering Tree for a friend

So the 2015 Occasions Catalog is out... what do you think? To be honest, I'm pretty happy with the array of images and supplies available. One set I was drawn to is a 14 piece photopolymer set called Sheltering Tree. (See it in the supply list below.) The tree idea is similar to a set we had in the past; I never did purchase that set and have often regretted it. Now I got a "do over"! Here's my first play with the set  - a CASE* of a card shared right above the stamp set in the catalog:


Notes and tips:

  • The bicycle stamp actually comes in two pieces so that you can easily make the frame a different color than the rest of the bike. Here, I heat embossed the wheels, pedals, seat and handlebars with black embossing powder while the frame was embossed with silver.
  • Tip: rub your photopolymer stamps with an eraser before using them for the first time. This will remove residue left from the manufacturing process and help you to get a nice, even layer of ink on your stamp. Otherwise you may find yourself needing to strategically place your sentiment. Or so I've heard...
  • Did you catch that this set is a photopolymer set? If you are new to stamping, this means that the stamp set is completely clear, allowing for easy placement of images. That's what made it so easy to line up the bicycle pieces and put the hill, leaves and flowers exactly where I wanted them. Easy-peasy!

Thanks for viewing today's post!
Adriana B.

P.S. Although the stamp set comes with 4 sentiments of it's own, I chose this general greeting that was part of the first My Paper Pumpkin kit. If you are not familiar with MPP, this is our monthly mailing kit program. You receive all of the supplies and instructions needed to create a project and are usually left with stamps and ink you can continue to use. Click here for information regarding My Paper Pumpkin. For a limited time, a 3 month subscription (for you or a friend) is available for only $54.95, qualifying you for  Sale-a-bration rewards!

P.S.S. *CASE=Copy And Share Everything

 *The corner punch listed below is one of our weekly deals

 Product List

Comments

  1. This card is going in my to try file. Love it. Glad to know someone else might have to place the sentiment in a certain place. Thought I was alone with that problem! Great save.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are definitely not alone! Someone even taught me a phrase i have passed along to my stampers: "That's not a mistake; it's an opportunity for embellishment!" Thanks for your understanding (and for taking the time to comment!)

      Delete
  2. This is so cute! I love how you did your panels and your sentiment looks awesome...right where it is!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!