Hi love greeting card

So Christmas is done and before you know it Valentines day will be rolling around. This year, I'm determined to have my honey's card made ahead of time. He's an engineer, so it needs to be clean and simple; but he appreciates the handmade, so it needs to have some fun details, too. Here's my first try:



Project Notes:

  • I always find it easier to create a project when I start with a layout in mind. This card copies the layout on retrosketches #146. If you find it easier to start with a finished project in mind, you'll be happy to see that their designers share a variety of samples for each sketch.
  • Alter your Wooden Elements Embellishments by simply pressing them against an ink pad. It only took a couple of seconds pressed against a Crumb Cake ink pad to fully color the two pieces shown here.
  • Simply Pressed Clay can be colored with re-inkers before pressing or with markers after, but I left it white this time to keep my card as clean and simple as possible. Here I created the "HI" sentiment using a new mold available in our Occasions 2015 Catalog. *Tip: press your clay into place then put the mold in the freezer for a few minutes. You'll be able to pop your letters out with ease and then trim them - if necessary - with either your Paper Snips or a hobby blade.

I hope you enjoyed today's post!
Adriana B.

  Supply List

Comments