From the Herd Stampin' Up! Preview

1.05.2015

Have you ever had a moment where you saw a stamp and just knew you needed it? Well, it happened to me in early December when I was given the opportunity to preview our upcoming Occasions Catalog. These animals found in the From The Herd stamp set simply crack me up...


It's like they're staring right at you, isn't it? heehee

Aside from the fact that I just wanted to play with this image, this project came together with a Splitcoaststampers challenge to use Fringe Scissors and create a pastoral scene.
  • The little bales of hay (in case you were wondering what those yellow things are) begin as rectangles of So Saffron card stock.  Cut in from the left and then the right using fringe scissors; then tie on some Linen Thread to represent the rope holding them together. 
  • The animals are colored in with an assortment of our Stampin' Blendabilities markers. The colors blend well; I purposely made the bison in the back more scruffy looking because that's how they look in the pictures I could find. (I've never seen one in real life. Thank you, Google.) Although they are already available for sale through our Annual Catalog, you will be able to earn sets of these alcohol-based markers for free starting tomorrow as part of our Sale-a-bration promotion. That's the same day this stamp set is available... how's that for happy?

Hope these guys brought a smile to your face today! If you would like to see more projects based on this challenge, visit the Splitcoaststampers Gallery. If you are viewing this post on my blog, click the Splitcoaststampers logo in the right column. The site is a great resource for stampers, so you may want to grab a cup of coffee before you go...

Adriana B.
p.s. I went a little crazy with the supplies... the animals made me do it...

Product List

2 comments:

  1. This did bring a smile to my face. I'm not usually a cutesy animal type stamper, but I got this set because I just chuckle every time I see their goofy faces. Great layout and detail for this card! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Lynn. They get to me, too! So glad you liked the card :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground