Congrats for Your Perfect Day

Watch out - there's something in the air! This fall my husband and I attended a few weddings and already know of two weddings coming up next year. Those things led me to realize I didn't have a wedding specific stamp set. Yes, I had other things I could make work... but seriously, who could pass up the opportunity to get a fun new wedding set? And wouldn't you know it, Stampin' Up! has one in the Occasions catalog. Introducing Your Perfect Day:
click the image for a larger view

While I was at it, I also used this set along with Painted Petals to create a non-wedding card. After all, the budget requires that stamp sets needs to fit more than one need, right? Here's what I switched out:
  • The wedding (engagement? anniversary?) card on the left contains a heat embossed sentiment. The "any occasion" card on the right contains a friendly sentiment that was simply stamped with Baked Brown Sugar Classic Ink.
  • Next, I replaced the Sweet Sadie Designer Washi Tape with a row of stamped dots. These dots, along with the sentiment on the same card, are from Painted Petals. (Painted Petals can be purchased as a photopolymer set, making it super quick and easy to stamp these images exactly where you wanted them.)
  • The final change was to sub out the Gold Sequins for Jewel Basic Pearls. I had used the sequins on the first card to coordinate with the gold embossing of the sentiment. The second card didn't call for bling, so I used the pearls for a sweet, special touch.
  • Tip: Crystal Effects is a great choice for applying sequins. It just takes a tiny dot for the sequin to stick and it dries clear so it doesn't interfere with your design.

Before I forget, let me point out that both of the stamp sets shared today are available in Wood Mount, Clear Mount and Photopolymer, providing us with the storage, stamping and pricing options we all enjoy! Thanks for viewing today's post! 'Til next time...
Adriana B.

Product List

Comments