Tagged in the Creative Blog Hop

Hi :)
Last week my friend Dawn Tidd tagged me for the Creative Blog Hop. This hop does share projects, but focuses more on the people behind a projects and gives you a peek into who they are and how they create. You'll find Dawn's post HERE. I hope you'll take a look. Dawn is a really nice lady who I was blessed to meet a few years ago at a Stampin' Up! Leadership Conference. It's been nice to reconnect with her - even for just a few minutes - at other events and on-line. I believe you'll enjoy the variety of projects she shares and the wealth of info, too!

Well, how about I get started? For this hop I'm to answer 4 questions. I'll be brief, promise!

1. What am I working on now? At the writing of this post, I've just completed working on 200 wedding invitations, a box to hold my niece's birthday gift and a set of greeting cards for a family member who just made it home after 6 weeks in the hospital. Next, I need to get busy making a variety of cards. My mother, an aunt and a cousin just visited and cleared my stash! I do not have a single finished card in my craft room. (Thank you, ladies!)

For my niece's gift...

2. How does my work differ from others in my genre? Um.... you know what? It doesn't. Like many of you, I like trying out different styles but have my favorites. I like trying tools and such, but have my standbys. I won't be invited to share anything on stage any time soon, but that's okay; my friends and loved ones would still rather send and receive my handmade goodies than a store-bought one any day. Here's one shared recently with a really nice barista my husband and I pester every weekend. (It's for her son.)

Stamp set: Monstermaniacs

3. Why do I create what I do? The main reason I create is because it gives me time to get out of my own head for a while. I can let go of the to-do list, put on some music and just let the colors, textures and ideas carry me away. Equally important is the joy expressed by the recipient(s). I love to watch the faces of my family members when they either receive a card from me or when they go through my "stash" and take some for their own use. I do some scrapbooking (aka memory keeping) but greeting cards are my go-to craft.

Part of a gift set mentioned in question 1

4. How does my creative process work? I work best when I start with a sketch or with an idea from project that has caught my eye. Next I pull a color combination I want to try; color combos have a certain "feel" to them so they lead me to the image(s) and sentiment I'll use. Tools come somewhere in the middle (would this look better with texture? cut out somehow?). And finally, I play around and spend too much time on embellishments. I love layers and love to add a little "something" or my card feels unfinished. (It doesn't look that way if someone else makes it - just if I make it!) Lets just say that I usually pay overage on postage because most of my cards are non-machinable... *grin*



image from Summer By The Sea (retired)

Thank you for reading through my info. I hope it didn't bore you silly! My last task was to tag other stampers you could then visit next Monday. Unfortunately, I wasn't very successful with that task. Everyone I tried has either participated in the task, no longer runs a blog or didn't reply. Bummer. :( But thanks for reading through my post today. Happy Stamping!

Comments

  1. Loved reading all of this about you! 200 wedding invites.......whew! I did 120 for my daughter and said never again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 200 was enough for me too (and they were relatively simple). I much prefer to create 'one of a kind'. :)

      Delete
  2. Adriana, it was so fun to read your post! I'm with Linda on the 200 invites…whew! I just love the Monstermaniacs card (will be CASEing that one) and how you used the Large Polka Dots EF for the background. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment and thanks again for tagging me. It was just the kick I needed to get creating :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!