Stamp Review Crew - Daydream Medallions

8.17.2014

Welcome to Escape2stamp! Today, The Stamp Review Crew is sharing ideas using a pretty set of circular stamps called Daydream Medallions. This set lends itself beautifully to a number of occasions; you'll be seeing a few along the hop!

*If you are receiving this post via feed, I encourage you to click on the title of this update so that you can easily access all of the great ideas shared. *

I finally got on the bandwagon and created a folding-screen style greeting card. This feminine style played nicely with the medallions, allowing me to create an all-over design that simply flowed from panel to panel. A simple but heartfelt greeting from Chalk Talk was added to the second panel; I plan to write my personal message on the back using a chalk marker.



 How about a closer look? (Yes - that is quite a lot of bling... but she's worth it.)


And here's a less blingy version made in class this past Friday. This one was created using a border punch along the top and includes punched flowers from our Itty Bitty Punch pack.



Thanks for visiting!
Products used today: 

Stamps: Daydream Medallions, Chalk Talk
Project Colors: Basic Black, Smoky Slate, Whisper White, Bermuda Bay
Tools: Big Shot, Edgelit - Large Scallop, Large Oval Punch, Paper Snips, Decorative Label Punch
Embellishments: Rhinestone Basic Jewels, 1/8" Silver Taffeta
Class card uses Scallop Border Punch and Itty Bitty Punch Pack



20 comments:

  1. Awesome, Adriana! I've not seen one of these…so I've missed the bandwagon altogether. It's gorgeous and the bling is definitely worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Adriana! Love this little screen fold and I think you may have just prompted me to give it a try. Fabulous work with this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Great screen card. Makes me want to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbi - give it a try! It's so easy to do and so easy to personalize. Have fun! (And thanks for the comment and kudos!)

      Delete
  4. Oh wow, Adriana, that screen is gorgeous!! I think I have to make one! Great use of the set, and I love all of the bling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment, Yapha! The screen was so fun and easy to make. And I just couldn't resist the bling :)

      Delete
  5. Adriana, this looks great! I love the quad fold screen effect and the colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kudos, Mike! I love using neutrals with just the pop of one color; so glad you like it, too! Hope you are doing well. :)

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous cards! I love both of them! I'm especially a bling girl though. Lol I need to make one of these now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment on the cards, Shana! The card is surprisingly easy to make (and surprisingly easy to use a packet of bling on, too!) Enjoy!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful, Adriana! Your "background" stamping is perfectly and expertly placed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heidi! In the class, I had them leave their sheet of Whisper White intact, complete their stamping with the Daydream Medallions and then cut it apart into the four panels. That made it super easy to line up!

      Delete
  8. Oh that is adorable! The dainty medallions are perfect for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Betty! This fun-fold card was definitely a fun way to use the D. Medallions. The class had a lot of fun. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. :)

      Delete
  9. Wow! I absolutely love these - bling or no bling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the Wow, Lisa :) So glad you like the cards!

      Delete
  10. I never thought of using the medallions as a background to create my own designer paper. Super work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment, Parker. The Daydream Medallions make a wonderful background. It's amazing the different looks you can get with different color combinations, too. Have fun!

      Delete
  11. how did you make the folding screen...I understand how you made the top and bottom but is that two sheets folded together? Is there a tute somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there. It is just one sheet of card stock: 5.5" x 11". Score at 2.75", 5.5" and 8.25"; fold so that they look like mountain, valley then mountain folds. Then you will just punch the top and bottom as you recognized and decorate. Hope this helps!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!
* Comments are moderated due to spam, so they make take a day or so to show up.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground