A question for you, dear reader of my blog posts...

8.02.2014


In an effort to improve this Stampin' blog and the ideas and information provided here, I have a question for you today. (Bear with me, it's actually one question in two parts.)






Part A. When you read my blog posts, do you want to see the information regarding the products I used on the project?

I usually have the information presented like this (at the bottom of each post):

Products used today: 

Stamps: Stamp set name(s)
Project Colors: Includes colors of paper, ink, embellishments
Tools: Big Shot, punches, etc.
Embellishments: rhinestones, buttons, ribbon, etc.
My favorite adhesives: Stampin' Dimensionals, Multipurpose Liquid Glue

Part B. Is it helpful to include the product ID number along with the items used? I have included these off and on over the years in an effort to provide information necessary for ordering, but do you refer to it for ordering or save it for future use?


As you can imagine, keeping a blog going takes some time and energy. In an effort to provide a blog you would actually want to read, I want to ensure the information I provide is actually useful. Time wasted on one effort would be better spent elsewhere, right?


I would be ever grateful if you would be willing to comment on this post (or send me an e-mail) and provide some insight to these questions. I even have an assortment of 4" x 6" Designer Series Paper ready to send to one of you for being willing to take the time and clarify this issue for me.


Many Thanks,
 

12 comments:

  1. I love having the items used listed. The # helps when I don't have a catty close by. I just like knowing what was used in case I CASE your card. You do such nice work on your blog and whatever you feel comfortable with is fine to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your quick response christina d. I will certainly keep your input in mind. Thanks again!

      Delete
  2. I think it's really useful to know the SU products used for your readers' inspiration. The catalogue numbers are only of use to those in same country. Hope this helps, Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for answering - and so quickly! I hadn't considered the fact that the item numbers are different in each country - that is definitely food for thought. So far it looks like including the product info (in general) is worth the effort. Thanks again for your input!

      Delete
  3. I like having the list of things you used to make your items. The number reference isn't needed for me. If I want it I'll find it. Thanks for doing cute stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the feedback, Jeanette. I appreciate the help!

      Delete
  4. When I see a card that I like I love it when the supply list is shown. The numbers are not as important to me as my catalog is pretty handy. If you post something that you used a retired stamp set that information would be very helpful. Thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your opinion with me. I will be sure to continue to flag any retired merchandise as such in my supply list.

      Delete
  5. I definitely love it when the product list is included. I'm afraid I'm not as creative as you and most of my cards are CASED. Don't change a thing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just made my day! I'm creative? Awesome! :)
      Thank you for taking the time to answer. It seems like the product list is a hit and will stay.

      Delete
  6. I love having the supply list shown. I don't care about item numbers, though. It's easy enough to find those on my own. I am happy to see retired items used, I just like to know if that's the case I want the set. I don't find it too hard to acquire retired sets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tania. I will be sure to continue to include retirement status when applicable. Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground