How do you organize your paper scraps?

6.10.2014

What do you do when you have lots of patterned paper, but only a few sheets or portions of sheets left over? I've noticed that my retired paper tends to get put aside and ignored whenever new designs become available. It's a shame... This is good stuff! So today, I'm taking some time to cut them down to 6" x 4" pieces and sorting them by color schemes and/or style. My hope is that I will have a box of ready to go layers and that they will see some love.



Now that I see how much is here, I believe I will also add some packs of ready-to-go stacks to the door prize bag!

What do you do with your paper?

4 comments:

  1. I was just daydreaming at work yesterday about doing this very thing!!! I was thinking I might save one 12x 12 and then cut the rest but I believe you are right and I will probably just cut it all! Thanks Adriana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ruthie! Glad I could help. There were some sheets I just couldn't cut down. For example, years ago we released some watercolor weight paper that has some kid-friendly artwork on the back. One day, I will color these in and frame them. But the rest are cut and dontcha know I'm already using them! Thanks for leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  2. I cut my 12 x 12 when they come in to 6: 4" x 5 1/2". You will have 3: 4" x 1 1/2" pieces with your front DSP panels. I put all in quart size zip lock bags labeled with the name of the DSP. I cut the Cardboard that comes with the DSP 6 x 7 (I make sure I cut the writing on the cardboard that id's the DSP) and onto that I write all the coordinating colors. I then slide that into the bag and close it. I have a couple of baskets from the dollar store that I keep the current DSP in, it is within reach to use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea, Cheryl! I love how you have the strips ready and the color coordination at your fingertips. Thanks for sharing your organization tip with us!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground