Unscripted Sketches meets My Paper Pumpkin

4.26.2014


This week's sketch is a fun one. Notice there is space for a title or greeting on the top right, but also a line of text (for example a quotation) running across the bottom of the card. I can't wait to see the samples; how about you?


My card uses a few elements from the March 2014 My Paper Pumpkin kit. The card base, "congrats" wood piece and arrow images are all part of the kit. The word is actually looks like wood when you get it, but I altered it by pressing VersaMark onto it and then covering it with Silver Embossing powder. As usual with this type of embossing, I used a heat tool to melt and set the powder. There was no damage to the piece with this process. Instead of adding a quote along the bottom, I simply stamped and heat embossed these fun arrows which give the impression of moving forward. Although the colors are not right, I think this just may end up being a graduation card for my niece :)

To see additional projects created using this sketch, be sure to visit the Unscripted Sketches website. The post stays up all week and we encourage our visitors to play along and link to your sketch! We will be sure to visit if you do. Enjoy!


Want to create today's project?
Items in orange are retiring items (available only while supplies last).
Here's what you'll need, along with the item number for easy ordering.
Stamps: arrow image in My Paper Pumpkin March 2014 kit, sentiment from Express Yourself (hostess set)
Project Colors: Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral, Whisper White, Silver
Tools: Petite Petal punch (133322), Heat Tool
Embellishments: Silver embossing powder (109131), Jewel Basic Rhinestone (119246)
Other: Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755) 

Did you know that when you shop with me you will receive:
A free copy of the Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog
A Thank You card in the mail (the real mail!)

Browse the store by clicking the basket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground