The Stamp Review Crew - Gorgeous Grunge

2.16.2014


Welcome to another blog hop with the Stamp Review Crew. Twice a month, we take turns showing you projects and ideas using a specific stamp set. Earlier this month we shared Hello, Lovely and this week we are sharing one of my favorite sets - Gorgeous Grunge. This fun set has everything you need to create cool backgrounds and/or add texture to your projects. I hope you enjoy what you see today!

My son was invited to a birthday party this weekend and told me about it at the last minute. This greeting card is the first one I made, but it ended up a little too young for our needs. I think 15 year old males must be the HARDEST people for whom to create cards! Oh well, with all of the young kids in our family it will get put to use sooner or later.


Two stamps from our featured set were used on the card: the stripes and the dots on the lower portion of the card.  You can see a glimpse of a third stamp on the coordinating envelope; it looks like I spilled orange paint on the corner!

I just received a fresh batch of our Tag a Bag Gift Bags. These little bags are the best for gift giving - already printed with the chevron design and easy to decorate! I used the stamp set to create a little tag similar in style to the card. A little Baker's Twine, Simply Pressed Clay elements and Candy Dots and this little goody bag is ready to be a door prize at my next class!



Well, that's it for me today… Back to trying to create for teenage boys. Wish me luck! Your next stop can be accessed with the buttons below. Enjoy!







Gorgeous Grunge
To create today's projects, here's what you'll need:
Stamps: Gorgeous Grunge (w130514, $24.95; c 130517, $17.95), Tag It (w130300, $22.95; c130303, $16.95)
Project Colors: Crumb Cake, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, Garden Green
Tag a Bag Gift Bags (131370), Whisper White Medium Envelopes (107301)
Tools: 1 1/4" circle punch (119861), 2-1/2" circle punch (120906)
Embellishments: White Baker's Tine (124262), Candy Dots (130931), Simply Pressed Clay (130685), Simply Pressed Molds (131272), Dazzling Details (124117)
Other: Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755), 5mm googly eye


21 comments:

  1. Great card and love the treat bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects! I love all of the circles on your card. Must try that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job. And yes, I agree - 15 year-old boys are probably the hardest age group to make cards for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute, both of them! I'm going to keep this card in mind for some of my grand kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cheerful and fun! That is a really cute layout for the card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the use of the bar stamp to look like ribbon or Washi Tape! Wish I had thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous kiddo card and treat bag! Not so much for a 15 year old guy, but I bet you made something fabulous for him next :)
    I agree with Mike, that bar stamp looks fab playing Washi tape or ribbon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun, fun, fun! Adorable card and tag, Adriana!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome and fun!! I think it's the perfect kid card!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun, Adriana! Your birthday card layout is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute card! Love the little guy with the googly eye! Great mix of Gorgeous Grunge on all the projects! So did you go buy a card ;)? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope :) I decorated a mini envelope and inserted a gift card. Done! Haha

      Delete
  12. Love the bright colors and pretty layout! Your gift tag is so cute! I love the added clay flower. I never would have thought of that and it's the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. super cute card and tag - (I just love our chevron bags!) and good luck making a 15 year old boy card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That birthday card is adorable. I am sure the little person that receives it will love it! And now after seeing your tag I am inspired to get out my Simply Pressed Clay. I forgot how much I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute, cute! Both are great. And if anyone can pull of a teenage boy card, it's you. Can't wait to see what you came up with for him too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the birthday card with the diagonal border, but it's the matting that is so intriguing to me! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is wonderful, Beth! I have to create a bday card for a five year old great nephew - may just use the stamp you used for the sentiment as he loves that kind of thing....thank you for inspiring me and to use our Grunge stamps more often!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute birthday card! Love that layout! And your tag is gorgeous! Love clay rose!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute projects Adrianna. Love how you used the striped image as a grounding element on the card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great way to create a fun background with the set. I love the arrangement of the 4 circles; super fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!
* Comments are moderated due to spam, so they make take a day or so to show up.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground