The Stamp Review Crew - Chalk Talk

1.19.2014


Welcome to another exciting blog hop with The Stamp Review Crew! This week we are all sharing projects created using the Chalk Talk stamp set. All of our sites are linked together to take you directly to another stamper sharing ideas and inspiration. And the links will remain active so that you can revisit the hop at your leisure!

Now you know how fun it is to use coordinating products, right? Well, this particular stamp set has a coordinating Framelits set but also has images that coordinate with punches. I'm sure you'll see examples of these options along the hop. I'm sharing a project using a quote (one of the stamps in this set) that fits within the XL Oval Punch. First let me show you the image and how it looks once punched out:


Now that's great, right? No cutting, just punch it out and you're good to go. But you'll notice that there's a little bit of space between the outline and the outer edge of the punched shape. Trim that off you can now layer it over a piece of colored card stock cut out with the same punch. No second tool needed. Instead you can go nuts with the embellishments... ;)


Stampin' Products used here: Card stock in So Saffron, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla and Coastal Cabana; Retro Fresh Designer Series Paper; Embellishments Gold Baker's Twine, Desginer Vintage Buttons, Simply Pressed Clay, Buttons & Blossoms Simply Pressed Clay Molds, Jewel Basic Pearls; Tools: Big Shot, Framed Tulips TIEF, Itty Bitty Punch Pack, XL Oval punch, heart punch. Card layout based on Paper Craft Crew sketch 71

And next we have a fun little bottle tag. The tap water in Florida tastes very rich in minerals (read: icky) so we often put out bottled water for guests. Creating tags is an easy way to help them keep track of their water and with this sentiment you get to thank them for the gift of their time.


Stampin' Products used here: Card stock in Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, So Saffron and Calypso Coral; Embellishments: Retro Fresh Washi Tape, Gold Sequin Trim, Jewels Basic Rhinestones; Tools: 1 1/4" circle punch, Paper Snips

A little tip before you go: the gold sequins used above are the same size as our Mini Glue Dots. If you are going to pull them off the trim and use them individually as I've done above, simply slide the sequin off the strings and press it to a glue dot (while the dot is still on the roll). Press firmly and remove the sequin with the now-attached glue from the roll. It's now ready to stick to your project.

Now it's time to pass the baton. Thanks for stopping by and here are your links for your next stop:




Going backwards? Here's the link you need...

Want to create today's project? Here's what you'll need:
Stamps: Chalk Talk
Project Colors:
Tools: Big Shot
Embellishments:
Other: Stampin' Dimensionals , Multipurpose Liquid Glue



29 comments:

  1. These are great - love the retro fresh paper. That goes on my next order!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You will love the paper even more once you get it in your hands! Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. Great tip with the oval image! I know I like as many layers as I can squeeze into a card ;) I love the Tulip Frame embossed detail on the bottom of that tag. Darling water bottle tag too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tanya! I can't believe I actually pointed something out to YOU! Glad u like it :)

      Delete
  3. What fun embellishments on your card, and cute bottle tag as well. The punch demonstration is great... didn't even think to mention that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Heidi. Embellishments are fun and these were just sitting there waiting to get used :)

      Delete
  4. Love these ideas, Adriana! Love all the embellishments on your card! :) The bottle tag is great for anyone with that Retro Fresh DSP. Perfect projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dawn. The Washi tape is such an easy way to add color, isn't it? I figured if I ever were to make a set of bottle tags, they need to be quick and easy!

      Delete
  5. Adriana I love all the fun elements to your card - clean and simple but fun and fussy too! And you can never go wrong with a bottle tag. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jill! I can't seem to pin one style down so I'm glad the mix looks ok :)

      Delete
  6. Great projects! Love that bottle tag, and thanks for the tip about the sequins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Yapha. Hope the tip on the sequins makes them easier to use!

      Delete
  7. Adorable card! The color combination is awesome. I love how you made the oval and then offset it. The tulip embossing is a great added detail to the tag. I always like that look and forget to make it happen. The hearts with the little flowers are soooo cute! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment! I'm trying to get better about adding more details so I appreciate that you noticed them :)

      Delete
  8. I love all the detail in your card. Great idea to use part of the Famed Tulips to make a tag. Love the colors and layout of your bottle tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Martha! You know me... Trying to use all these goodies I've acquired and make something cute :)

      Delete
  9. Very cute projects!! I love all the details on your card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Holly! You are the queen of details so I truly appreciate your feedback!

      Delete
  10. Love the asymmetrical drop tag! And the card is so well designed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mike! The tag was quick and easy (the only way I would manage to make a set of them). The card contains my favorite sentiment of the set so I just had to dress it up a bit. Thank you for your feedback!

      Delete
  11. Cute projects, Adriana! I love the bottle tag! Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ann! As you know, the bottle tags are so easy to make but they are a nice little touch to make a guest feel welcome. :)

      Delete
  12. Very cute card. I love that DSP. And the buttons etc just set of the tag with the sentiment. I love the sentiment too. Thanks, Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! I went a little nuts with the embellishments on the card, but it was fun to use a variety of them on one project. So glad you like it :)

      Delete
  13. Great tips and fabulous projects! Great being on the hop with talent like yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paula - that's how I feel about all of you!

      Delete
  14. Your card is great - either male or female...! And I do not think that your over embellished it...it's is wonderful! The tag on the water bottle is a great idea....very fun for a party thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment, Carol! I had a lot of fun with the embellishments (as you can tell). So glad you liked the projects!

      Delete
  15. Cute tags! I love the one on the water bottle. I think I might have to make some of those to put on hand soaps that I give as teacher gifts! Love the colors on your card. All of the little details look so nicely on and around your tag!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground