Teen birthday card ideas

1.29.2014

I recently offered to make birthday greeting cards for the Jr High ministry at our church. I was trying to come up with some ideas that would be easy to mail if needed. And then there was the task of creating something that wouldn't embarrass the boys of the group!

I apologize in advance for the quality of these photos. I couldn't find the battery charger for my camera and needed to get going so I just used my camera phone. Rainy days do NOT a good picture make! Note: All cards are based on cards I have seen online. Unfortunately they were not watermarked, so I do not know the name of the original artists.

First, my son Alan's favorite card. The sentiment is from our Timeless Talk stamp set. To create this look you will need a corner rounder punch and circle punches or dies to create the dial on the iPod and the headphones.

Next, another one I thought would be ok for the guys:


The sentiment (from Sassy Salutations) is heat embossed using White embossing powder. It really pops off the Basic Black background!

Now here's a card that could be used for either gender, especially if we switch out the colors. The splotches and lines images were created with our Gorgeous Grunge stamp set and the sentiment with our hostess set Express Yourself. Isn't the folder embossed chevron pattern fun?


Last is  a card created using a fun Banner Punch that you can choose as a free Sale-a-bration reward. The cupcake is from Another Great Year (available in our Occasions Catalog). This one is definitely more girly looking ;)
And no... I don't remember what that measurement on the grid paper is all about...

Again, sorry for the lousy quality and layout of the photos. But I hope you enjoy the ideas anyway :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground