Peaceful Petals US240

1.18.2014


This week's sketch challenge for Unscripted Sketches is going to be a hit! With this layout, it could easily be used for cards, scrapbook pages, framed decor, maybe even one of those cute clear frames tipped over to hold post-it notes! How will you use it?


I tipped the sketch over on it's side and let this beautiful flower from Peaceful Petals claim center stage. It is colored in with Stampin' Write Markers and I added a few dots of Dazzling Details to the center to give it a little sparkle. It also helps to amp up the color a little, doesn't it? Nice when that happens! The background looked like it needed something, so I also added the tilted, folder embossed panel. I think it looks cool, but my engineer husband said it makes him want to tilt his head… given his profession, I shoulda known he'd say something like that. :)

To create this wonky masterpiece (my words), you will need:
Stamps: Peaceful Petals, Express Yourself (Hostess set)
Project Colors: Crisp Cantaloupe, Melon Mambo, Whisper White, Old Olive
Tools: Big Shot, Framelits - Circles, Square Lattice TIEF, Word Window Punch
Embellishments: Natural Trim, Dazzling Details

6 comments:

  1. Great card! Love the colors and the tilted layer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Yapha! Crisp Cantaloupe is so soft on the eyes; it is quickly becoming one of my favorite colors for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card and the colors so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Holly! I used the color coach to get started with the color combination; it's funny that I ended up using MELON Mambo with Crisp CANTALOUPE. :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful card, Adriana! And a good reminder to get the color coach back out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Paula - glad you like it! Lately I have just left the color coach out on my desk; when I use dsp I don't need it (I just use the colors on the paper), but when I start with just a color, the coach really helps me. I should probably use it to get dressed, too ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground