Stampin' Up! Trust God greeting card

I ran across a card by Jen Shultz (for Verve) that just caught my breath. I enjoy making CAS (clean and simple cards) but sometimes a girl's just gotta go multi-layered.


Project Notes:

  • Each layer was lightly sponged with Very Vanilla pigment ink.
  • The edges were roughened by rubbing the side of my Paper Snips along the edge. Distressing Tools were made for this purpose, I just didn't have one handy :)
  • The heart is a punch out; I used my Paper Trimmer and scoring blade to score lines on a slight diagonal. Sponging the ink into these grooves emphasizes the line.
  • The sentiment (from Trust God) was heat embossed using White Embossing Powder.

Not as breath-taking as Jen's, but it'll do.

Stamp Set(s): Trust God
Project Colors: Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight, Basic Black, Marina Mist (ribbon)
Tools: Big Shot, Chevron TIEF, Stampin' Sponges, Heart punch
Embellishments: Naturals Designer Buttons, twine, Marina Mist 5/8" grosgrain (retired)
Shop Stampin' Up! On-Line

Comments

  1. Are you kidding this is gorgeous!! I am always inspired by Verve too :) Yours is just as beautiful! I love the sponging and the heart is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Holly! You excel at beautifully layered cards; I'm thrilled you liked my case. :)

      Delete
  2. That's a lot of layers! It really came out great. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a bunch o layers - but it was fun (for a change). So glad you liked it. Thanks for taking time to comment :)

      Delete
  3. You rocked the layers! This is a stunning card :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!