Mosaic Dozen Thoughts

10.17.2013

Check out this sketch from Retro Sketches.

This one immediately got the wheels turning. What would the stripes be? Strips of card stock? Designer Series Paper? Washi Tape? So many choices… but with carpool looming I grabbed some ink, our Mosaic Madness stamp set and a sentiment (A Dozen Thoughts) and got to stamping!



With more time on your hands, you may wish to have a Stamp-a-ma-jig handy so that you can get those line stamps exactly how you want them. I got lucky here; not exactly evenly spaced… but I think it'll work.

Stamps: Mosaic Madness, A Dozen Thoughts
Colors: Daffodil Delight, Smoky Slate, Whisper White
Tools: Mosaic punch, Stamp-a-ma-jig (optional)
Extras: Jewels Basic Rhinestone

7 comments:

  1. I love this!! I love the hold layout and design of how you stamped and then the placement of the hello that is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just followed the sketch and left enough room for only a short sentiment. "Hello" it was ;)

      Delete
  2. That was a tricky sketch, but you really rocked it! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stamp set was the perfect choice for the sketch. Your lines are amazingly straight. Very nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Tina. I was using Clear Mount stamps which makes it a little easier to line up the images. Also, I was working over grid paper so I used the lines on it to help keep my block straight. The lines look pretty straight but the spaces between are off. Buy hey - it's handmade. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you may see add spacing, but I just see a beautiful card! I love the whole thing! You work very well under pressure ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground