Unscripted Sketches 222 Alan's Sixth Grade Scrapbook


Our challenge this week at Unscripted Sketches is up! For inspiration, visit the US site; our Design Team has posted several samples including cards and scrapbook pages.

Believe it or not, I used the sketch as the basis for a scrapbook page. (Not a card? Shocker - I know!)  This page began in My Digital Studio where I created the background and flag banner on an 8-1/2" x 11" page using the sketch. But I scrapbook 12"x12" so this was just the beginning of a hybrid page...


Once printed out, I layered it over additional card stock to create the desired 12" x 12" layout. I added some e-cut details, brads and a stamped/fussy cut scroll (from Happy Day) on what will be the journaling block. The pictures show my son and his sixth grade teacher, Mr Caufield, a truly gifted teacher who also runs the Drama Club at school. I can't tell you what a blessing this man and his efforts were to my son last year. Somehow I'll have to figure out how to word it and get it onto that journaling block, though I doubt my son will ever forget.

Stamps: Happy Day
Colors: Elegant Eggplant, Basic Black, Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla
Tools: Paper Snips, Silhouette Cameo (non-SU!)
Extras: My Digital Studio


Click here to check out the latest and greatest supplies, projects and promotions!

Comments