Positively Chevron Summer Silhouettes

9.11.2013


This sketch from Mojo Monday looks like good simple fun, eh? How about a fun, simple card to go with it?

My first instinct was to run to my paper stash, but instead I turned to my new (to me) Positively Chevron background stamp and a fun color combo on the Color Coach. I wouldn't say Summer Starfruit is one of my favorite colors, but I do like how it looks here! Hope you do, too :)



Note: The background was stamped with Smoky Slate. I was afraid it would be too light for this sentiment (because of the thin font), so I used Basic Gray instead. I'm thinking maybe I should have used Basic Black…


Stamps: Positively Chevron, Summer Silhouettes, A Dozen Thoughts
Colors: Summer Starfruit, Primrose Petals, Smoky Slate, Basic Gray
Tools: Paper Snips
Extras: Jewels Basic Rhinestones


6 comments:

  1. Great card. I love the triangle of rhinestones. And I really need that chevron stamp...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! All the details are fabulous, especially those rhinestones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, LOVE this! I saw it on Pinterest first, and I have to say the whole thing is so perfectly trendy. That triangle of rhinestones is so darn clever. I am going to have to use that idea soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool card!!! I love the rhinestones too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The background stamp is really pretty. Love the flowers. I don't mind the sentiment in a lighter color. It lets everything else shine!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground