A Dozen Thoughts in Early Espresso

9.03.2013

Today's card is a quick one that came together using last week's sketch challenge at Splitcoaststampers. Two of the three strips on the left are scraps of our Natural Composition paper sponged with Early Espresso ink. Because this paper has clear embossed designs on it, the ink makes the designs more visible but still retains the natural color behind the pattern. The third strip is a piece of Core'dinations card stock, dry embossed and sanded for texture.

click on photo to enlarge

The tag underneath the sentiment is a die cut from our Chalk Talk set of Framelits. The tag is actually a little larger when you cut it. I altered it by cutting it, removing a portion, then reassembling. The Linen Thread hides the join. Slick, huh? ;)

Layout: Splitcoast Sketch #451 (SC451)
Stamps: A Dozen Thoughts 
Core'dinations Card stock, Natural Composition Specialty Designer Series Paper
Colors: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
Tools: Big Shot, Framelits - Chalk Talk, Square Lattice TIEF, Small Oval punch
Extras: Linen Thread, Designer Naturals Buttons


Click here to check out the latest and greatest supplies, projects and promotions!


TIP
Save time prepping card bases. SCORE FIRST, then cut. Both of your card bases will be ready to go!

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! I love all those neutral colors together! Very Fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was hoping they would not look boring!

      Delete
  2. It might be a quick card, but the simplicity is beautiful. Love the three strips. Thanks for the tip about the linen thread and the small tag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! Hope it's a tip you can use :)

      Delete
  3. I love this for simple it packs a lot of wow. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the card BUT it is the tip that really got me. I try to be really organized and prepared so that I can just grab parts and make a card. I have a box that contains 4 pieces of cardstock cut for cards of each of my colors. I never thought of scoring them ahead of time too! Wow, thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! It's one of those "why didn't I think of that" things that someone shared with me a few years ago. Glad I could pass it on :)

      Delete
  5. Love this! Especially all the textures and shapes. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple and packs a punch! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground