Use It Tuesday - Patterned Papers

Do you have a stash of patterned paper on hand? This question usually gets either a groan or an eye-roll in class. Seems we all somehow manage to build up a stash of pretty patterned papers no matter how we try to control ourselves.

As someone who loves making cards, my favorite card sketch challenge website for layered cards is Mojo Monday. The layouts shared there usually have several layers so I know I can turn to them to "de-stash" and end up with a lovely card to boot. Another nice thing about this site is that they have made their previous sketches easy to find and print out. Here's a card created using last week's challenge, sketch #305:



Another idea is to turn your Designer Series Paper (patterned paper) into envelopes. We have a great tool coming out next month which will make creating envelopes SUPER easy, but you can make them now without anything more than a paper trimmer and some adhesive.
  • Check out this post sharing a video link on how you can make your own envelope.
  • This post contains step-by-step instructions for creating square envelopes.

Stamps: From My Heart
Colors: Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, Very Vanilla
Tools: Big Shot, Framelits - Labels Collection
Embellishments: Jewels Basic Pearls

Comments

  1. Cute card, I really like how you added some pearls to the DSP. I still have some of this paper in my stash too. And to prevent the clutter build-up, I have been trying to get all the DSP I like as an MDS download. Sometimes that works ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea! Another nice thing about MDS is that you can alter the size of the pattern before you print it out. I have some papers (real paper) that I find difficult to use because of the size of the pattern. Altered however and they would have been used ages ago!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!