Stampin' Up! Gorgeous Grunge quick card

Have you ever spent time looking through non-stamping related websites and found yourself thinking in Stampin' Up! colors? I was looking for a new chicken recipe (do they exist?) and ran across a curry dish that looked interesting. Although I didn't try the recipe, the color of the food stuck with me and I found myself making this card using - you guessed it - Crushed Curry as the card base.


I'm hoping this will work for one of the guys in the family. What do you think - is it okay to send a card with sparkle to a guy?


card layout: The Sweet Stop SSS222
Stamps: Gorgeous Grunge, Sweet Essentials (sentiment), Pennant Parade (star)
Colors: Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso
Other: Jewels Basic Rhinestone


Comments

  1. Wow, I love this CAS design, Adriana! I think in "Stampin' Up" colors all the time so you are not alone. :) Thanks for joining The Sweet Stop this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cynthia! Good to know I'm not the only one thinking that way :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda! I love your work so it's extra sweet when you like something I've created!

      Delete
  3. Your card really stood out for me Adriana! Love the CAS design, and the unique take on this week's sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at the Sweet Stop this week! Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ann! It's not often I do something "unique" - thanks for catching it :)

      Delete
  4. Definitely will work for a guy! Glittery without being feminine! Great work and great interpretation of this week's The Sweet Stop's sketch! So glad you were inspired by a curry chicken recipe!
    {hugs}
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the feedback, Debbie!

      Delete
  5. Great card, especially considering it was chicken inspired! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often find food inspiring, but it doesn't necessarily make it's way into my craft room. lol
      Glad you like the card. Thanks for the comment :)

      Delete
  6. It would be great for guy card. The guys in family wouldn't mind the sparkles. Candy dots would work too. Love this card in Crushed Curry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your falling stars, and I think it would definitely work for a guy. I think I feel a CASE of this, on a Soft Sky base coming on....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look of this card. Great use of the "skid marks" with the stars and this greeting. It all came together so well. PS I love the new look of your blog too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!