Using Ribbon on greeting cards

7.09.2013

The mood struck to re-organize and clean my craft room yesterday. I love it when this happens because I always rediscover supplies that have been pushed to the back of the drawer (and the mind). It's like going shopping but without the whole "spending money" part! Well, along with the neglected supplies I also found a few issues of card making magazines with samples. One in particular caught my eye as a great way to use up ribbon.


A tip for you if you'd like to give this a try: On the larger white layer, I put down two parallel lines of Sticky Strip going the width of where I wanted ribbon strips. The two strips (as opposed to one) allowed me to secure each piece of ribbon in two places keeping them mostly straight. The pink one on the right end is a rebel.

Sentiment: Happy Day - See more of this stamp set on Friday. I'll be featuring it during the Stampin' Addicts New Catalog Blog Hop
Colors: Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White
Assorted ribbon, Button, White Baker's Twine

*********


Want to know more? Check out the latest:
New Arrivals - New stamps, tools and embellishments!
Stampin' Classes Available On-line

6 comments:

  1. Super cute card! What a great way to use up leftover ribbon scraps! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great tips on how to use 2 strips of sticky tape. The card is really cute. Of course there is a rebel in the group.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute!! I love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic idea and wonderful card! I appreciate the tip about the sticky strip too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sweet ribbon card. Thanks for the double row of tape advice for tacking down the ribbon. Great idea. Love the colors

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground