Stampin' Up! Perfect Blend One Layer Card

7.24.2013

One of the convention swaps I signed up for this year (genius that I am) was a one-layer swap. One layer, as in all the work is created on the card base. No Designer Series Paper, layers of images with matting under them, etc. Let me tell you that I had NO idea that I am apparently addicted to layering. Ignorance was bliss.

Here's an idea using Perfect Blend. It was not my final pick for the swap, but still share-worthy :)


  1. To create the colored strips along the top and bottom of the card,  cover the center of the card with printer paper then sponge on some Soft Suede ink. 
  2. With the mask still in place, stamp a lightly inked Off The Grid (item #130736) repeatedly over the area.
  3. For the coffee cup image (Perfect Blend, Clear Mount item #131392), stamp the cup in Early Espresso.
  4. Using a Blender Pen, drag color from the stamped image into the open areas of the image. Clean off the blender pen by rubbing it across scratch paper. 
  5. Tap the Blender Pen tip onto an Old Olive Stampin' Write Marker to pick up color, then color in coffee sleeve. With the sentiment "Given enough coffee I could rule the world, temporarily." I thought it would be fun to add a crown, too! (A Fitting Occasion wood #131952, Clear Mount 127049)
  6. For the lipstick smudge on the lid, again use the blender pen to add Cajun Craze in a lip shaped arc.
  7. Cut open a window for the sentiment using a punch or framelits. (Chalk Talk Framelits, item #129983).
  8. Last, finish off with embellishments. Here I used both Linen Thread and Candy Dots (Regals and Neutrals) for a bit of balance.

And that's it! I think the masking helped me to get over the "no layering" rule. If you would like more ideas using this simple technique, check out this quick video tutorial. Thanks for reading!



Want to know more? Check out the latest:

New to stamping or only have a few minutes to escape? Check out My Paper Pumpkin, our new straight-to-your-door monthly kit. Priced at only $20 (including shipping), each original kit will provide you with about 30 minutes worth of creativity! My Paper Pumpkin
MPP ad

4 comments:

  1. Totally understand the one layer thing, I'm not good at them either. Cute card Adriana,thanks for reminding me how fun masking can be!
    Lorena :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lorena! Masking can do so much and it's so simple, right? Have fun!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, I really do love this card! I was blessed with my very own :) When I first looked at it, I did not realize it was a single layer card as the details are so amazing. Thanks for the wonderful tutorial, so I can make my very own :) (You made me buy this set you know...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I would apologize for adding to the wish list - but you do it to me all the time! I'm happy you like the card and can't wait to see what you create with the set :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground