Stampin' Addicts New Catalog Blog Hop (2013)

7.12.2013


Welcome to the hop! If you are just arriving from Mary's blog - welcome! If you are reading this via your e-mail or on my website, thanks for joining us today! A group of us at Stampin' Addicts have put together a short blog hop sharing some of our favorite new stamps from the 2013-2014 Catalog. We are all linked together so that you can easily navigate from site to site and be inspired. Cue inspirational music :)

Today, I'm showcasing one of my favorite new sets, Happy Day (clear mount item #130297). If you have visited my blog at all, it's no news to you that I like this set. Ha! But don't worry about boredom -  here's a new trio of paper goodies including gift-ables and a set of quick cards.


First is a card box that will easily hold 4 simple cards with envelopes. It could also hold packages of cocoa or apple cider for those of you who are thinking ahead to the holidays. FYI: The tags reflect only portions of the sentiments included in this set. The happy is from "happy day" and the hello is from "hello there". Also included in this set are "smile" and "sweet, sweet moments". The doily and scrollwork complete the set.

template originally shared by Jill Hillard

Here's a closeup of the main image (much like a doily). I stamped it three times: once on the main layer,  and twice again on scraps. I fussy cut two smaller images so I could layer them over each other with Stampin' Dimensionals to create this medallion. Don't forget the bling!


Next are the cards that go inside. They would definitely qualify as clean and simple and I'll add super quick! Just one color of ink (Pool Party) for the doilies, Night of Navy for the sentiment and a few Jewels for bling and you are done! Sweet!


Last but not least is a little goodie box made from an altered embellishment container. A 2 1/2" circle punch makes covering the top and bottom of the box super easy. The rest is just decor. Here's a close-up:


From the bottom up I added: a 2" circle of Silver Glimmer Paper, a rosette made from a 3/4" strip of Venetian Romance Designer Series Paper, two punch outs of the doily (stamped in Night of Navy and Pool Party), and finally a Vintage Faceted Button topped with a Basic Pearl Jewel. Pretty, right? Now, to figure out what goodies to put inside :)

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed these projects created with Happy Day. Next you are on to Debra's site where she is sharing projects created with Beautifully Baroque. Enjoy!


 Traveling from the other direction? Click below for Mary's site featuring Flower Shop.



9 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I love the pop up on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects -- I love the colors! I haven't used this set at all, and you've given me some great inspiration! I love that first card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so pretty! Love that smile card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a sweet set :) Love that simple card, and now I may have to bump up how soon I get this set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your coordinating projects, Adriana! The card box is wonderful, and I really love your CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love this as a gift--sweet and simple, yet stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I love the layered medallion!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you've convinced me I need this set. Great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your projects Adrianna, and the colors are absolutely gorgeous together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground