Stampin' Up! Off the Grid Perfect Blend RS68

I finally had some time to escape to the stamp room and get inky. (Insert happy giggle here…) I pulled up last Saturday's Retro Sketch and created a fun card using several new goodies from our just released 2013-2014 Catalog. First, here's the sketch:


I replaced the flowers with this cute coffee cup from Perfect Blend and used the XX's on the sketch to place our new background stamp, Off The Grid. The coffee cup is decorated with a new accessory Regals Candy Dots. (These dots are available in each of our color families; Regals refers to the color group I used here.)

Colors: Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Crushed Curry, Very Vanilla

Some project notes:
The panel on the right (behind the coffee cup) was weathered using a super simple technique:

  1. Cut the card stock to size, crumple tightly in your hands then flatten somewhat. 
  2. Rub it with VersaMark or a sponge containing light brown ink. This will highlight the lines and crinkles you just created.
  3. Rub with a Bone Folder to flatten further and apply to your project.

For the multi-colored stamp (grid):
Ink up the stamp with your lightest color first.
Notice that the stamp is positioned "rubber up" and I'm tapping the ink pad down onto it. It easier to control the amount of ink you put on your stamp this way; it only takes a light touch. Pressing hard will often gunk up your stamp and the wood or clear block holding it.



Apply darker color ink to the edges of the stamp with an ink pad or - even easier - with the brush tip of a Stampin' Write Marker.






Stamp onto your project. I used this technique on the front of the card and also on the inside panel where the greeting will be written.

Thanks for stopping by!




Shop Stampin' Up! On-Line


Perfect Blend (item #131392)

Comments

  1. Ugh! You keep making me wish I had ordered my ENTIRE wish list already!! This is so perfect. The rich coffee colors make me want a cup right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great card! I love the crumbled piece. Thanks for the detailed instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card. I love the distressed paper with the Off the Grid stamp. I have a lot of "coffee" friends who would love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great card! Both these sets are on my list. I love the Candy Dots and your distressing techniques. I'm going to try those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found this on Pinterest. I LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy - thank you for the feedback and for taking the time to leave a comment here. I'm so glad you like the card :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!