Stampin' Addicts Retiring Stamps Blog Hop 2013 Need for Speed


Stampin' Addicts Retiring Stamps Blog Hop 2013


Welcome to another fun Blog Hop hosted by the Stampin' Addicts. This weekend, we are enjoying a last "hurrah" with some of our favorite retiring stamps. Whether you have arrived from Carmen's blog or starting here, just know that all of our blogs are linked together. This way, you can easily travel from site to site and also revisit the hop at a later date.

Need for Speed
(wood 122715, CM 122717)
Today, I'm using a guy-friendly set called Need for Speed. With two sons in the house, two brothers, lots of male cousins and a hubby who used to work in the fighter jet industry - I new this set would see a lot of ink. I'll probably have to keep this one out of the sale bin for a while :)

First is a card created using the ATV of this set along with a sentiment from Solo Para Ti (also retiring).  If you like to color, you can stamp these images in black and color them in using your favorite medium. Of course, the images are detailed enough that you don't really have to. This time the image is simply stamped in Cajun Craze.

 layout: Retro Sketches #32
Designer Naturals Buttons, Linen Thread, Metallics Brads


My second card makes use of the fighter jet heat embossed in Pewter (it looks a little silver-ish in the photo). The patterned paper used here is from our Print Poetry Paper Stack. I also snuck in a strip of our new Epic Day Washi tape… I couldn't help it. It was just the touch the card needed!

 Metallics Brads (retired) and Ovals Framelit Dies

Last, but not least is a scrapbook page sharing the speedboat. We enjoy visiting a  local restaurant called Grills. Not only is the food good (the tuna tacos shown below are delish!), but it is located directly on the riverfront so the view is wonderful. It's always on the to-do list when family visits! Another cool thing about the place is that people often arrive in boats instead of cars :)

This project also uses pages from Parker's Patterns Designer Series Paper
Designer Silver Basics Buttons, Espresso Baker's Twine
Layout PageMaps April 2012


Well, I hope you enjoyed these projects and found something you can use :) Now it's time to move on to the next blog. If you are following the hop in order, your next stop is Debbi's blog where she is sharing projects made with a sure-to-be-missed sentiment set, Word Play:





And just in case you are a "read the magazine from the back forward" kind of person, your next stop is Carmen's blog, where she is sharing projects made with super cute Little Friends:



Thanks for joining us on this blog hop! Our next one is scheduled for June where we will be celebrating the new stamp sets in our 2013-2014 Catalog. Caio!

To subscribe to future blog posts here at Escape2stamp, click here for updates via e-mail. Thank you!

Comments

  1. I love your projects!! The layouts you chose are outstanding!! And the colors and details equal them. Amazing gorgeousness!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Jet Card. I always need ideas for man cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these are fantastic! I feel the need to case them all immediately (really and truly). Why did I never think about Pewter embossing that plane, it is perfect for that image :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects Adriana. You totally rocked them all, but I really like the scrapbook page. The little speed boat is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such variety from this set that I would never come up with on my own! Great colors, combinations, and layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adriana what great projects. I love the second card, you made those Poetry Print papers really pop with that image. I love the scrapbook page, it must be great living in paradise

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see that this is the perfect stamp set for your family. I also have a lot of males in my life and now you have me thinking maybe I should get this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such great projects! You really rocked the masculine set! Love that scrapbook page (and now I want to come visit you and eat there, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful projects, Adriana! I love your crisp, clean style, and the scrapbook page is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic projects! Your scrapbook page is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your second card -- great mix of patterns and shapes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!