Stampin' Up! Up, Up & Away

4.03.2013

It's almost time to begin the transition to our 2013-2014 catalog. Stampin' Up! announced today that we will receive notice regarding retiring items on April 24th - that's early. If you are like me and still have a number of stamp sets on your wish list, you may be wondering how you're going to get what you really want in time and without breaking the bank. One solution for me has been to purchase a few stamp sets as digital downloads. They have a smaller sticker price which allows the budget to go further :)

One of those wish list sets Up Up & Away is a lot of fun to use on My Digital Studio because you can resize the balloons. Plus, creating a sheet's worth of images to create multiple cards or other paper projects is quick and easy.



The card front and tag shown here were created as a "hybrid". The balloons, birds and clouds are digital printed images but were used to create a multilayered card. As much as I love the versatility of MDS, I love the dimension of hand-made cards - I think that it truly sets them apart from most store-bought cards. Don't the balloons look adorable with the embossed clouds in the background?


Product Supply details:
Stamps: Up, Up, & Away, Itty Bitty Banners
Colors: Baja Breeze, Daffodil Delight, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White
Tools: My Digital Studio, Big Shot, Bitty Banners Framelits, Paper Snips, white gel pen
Embellishments: Island Indigo Baker's Twine, Silver Mini Brads
Links: Shop Stampin' Up! 24/7
Have future posts sent directly to you. Subscribe via Feed




Click to check out MyDigitalStudio.net - tons of info and ideas!

4 comments:

  1. That is adorable. Love what you did with it. I should get this one as a digital download too since I want it but I'm afraid I won't use it enough to justify the cost of the stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What neat way to combine MDS and actual stamped images. I really like the of handmade cards too. Perfect way to welcome April.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute, and such a great idea! I love how you resized the images and used them on a hybrid card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ♥ those balloons!! Great point about being able to re-size the images :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground