CTS19 Stampin' Up! Need for Speed

3.14.2013

Here's a card for my honey created using a total guy stamp set, Need for Speed. He had a car similar to this one when we met and, let me tell you - he babied that car. He has another sporty car now and he babies it, too! When I made the card I was thinking "helloooooo, baby" like how he feels about his car, but of course it will be a fun card to hide in his briefcase as "hello, babe" kind of thing.  I have to admit, when I first saw this sentiment, I only related it to new birth… I didn't know I could get so creative! lol



The layout is based on this week's challenge at Cas(e) This Sketch. I added an extra layer behind the main panel just for fun. Amazing, two out-of-the-box ideas in one day! :)


Sketch provided by: Cas(e) This Sketch

Product Supply details:
Stamps: Need for Speed, Sweet Essentials
Colors: Cherry Cobbler, Basic Gray, Basic Black, Whisper White
Tools: Big Shot, Bitty Banners Framelits, Paper Piercing Tool
Embellishments: Metallics Brads, Cherry Baker's Twine

Patterned paper is our retired Howlstooth and Scaringbone Designer Series Paper
Links: Shop Stampin' Up! 24/7
Have future posts sent directly to you. Subscribe via Feed

8 comments:

  1. Very cool card! I love your colors and the sentiment is just perfect! ;) Thanks for playing along at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect card to surprise your husband. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great masculine card! And the sentiment is just perfect! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your story - I was thinking 'really? a baby card?' lol! But now I get it and you are indeed very clever! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card - that DSP fits there perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! All I could hear in my head was Marvin Gay's voice saying that phrase!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great way to use that sentiment. Love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool card! Love your take on the sketch. Thanks so much for playing along with us @ CAS(E) this sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Your comments are greatly appreciated!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground